DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legal requirements for Mavic Mini (Europe)

lpff

Reactions
According to the new EASA regulations for 2021-2023, only the pilot (owner, operator) of a Mavic Mini has to be registered to the local authorities.
My question is if a pilot's license (certificate) is required and the question is referring to European countries only.

The Operator (owner of the drone) does not need a pilot training certificate.

The pilot does. Any drone below 250g with a camera, that is not a toy, can only be flown with a A1-A3 Open category training certificate.

The operator and the pilot can be the same person or two different persons.

The Operator (owner of the drone) does not need a pilot training certificate.

The pilot does. Any drone below 250g with a camera, that is not a toy, can only be flown with a A1-A3 Open category training certificate.

The operator and the pilot can be the same person or two different persons.
Are you sure? See this EASA table

Attachments

• drones-requirements-categories.JPG
    drones-requirements-categories.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 27
Dear, maybe I wansn't clear.

The operator is not necessarily the pilot.

The pilot needs a training certificate to fly the drone. The operator does not need a certificate to own the drone.

The operator needs however to display its registration number on any of its drones that become airborn.

Yes, assuming I'm the pilot=owner, I must register myself and not the Mavic Mini. Then I fly as per regulations, having my registration sticker on the drone. What I am flying? A Class 0 drone. For this basic knowledge of the manual is required. Thanks BTW,

You are right, the drones below 250g can be flown without a A1-A3 Open category certificate.

My bad, I erased the possibility of flying without a training certificate from my mind because I took it long before I received the drone.

However, I recomend you take the certificate. It is quite easy, completely free, and you'll learn many useful things.

I live in Greece flying drones for 5-6 years. Never got a certificate, but as I moved to DJI I started thinking of it. On the other hand EASA changed the rules, so it is more practical to be "legal" The only problem is that here they charge €80 for the certificate, so if it is not necessary... If you know for sure that in Belgium is free I can apply there!

I thought the A1-A2-A3 training is sponsored by EU.

Can you post a link to the 80 Euros cost for such a training in a EU country? It is the first time I hear about this.

If you want to get the certificate from Belgium, you can only do it in Dutch or French.

I recommend you take it in Luxembourg. They have the English option for the training.

I live in Greece flying drones for 5-6 years. Never got a certificate, but as I moved to DJI I started thinking of it. On the other hand EASA changed the rules, so it is more practical to be "legal" The only problem is that here they charge €80 for the certificate, so if it is not necessary... If you know for sure that in Belgium is free I can apply there!
But surely if you apply in Belgium, then you cannot fly legally in Greece. Or am I totally wrong?

I thought the A1-A2-A3 training is sponsored by EU.

Can you post a link to the 80 Euros cost for such a training in a EU country? It is the first time I hear about this.

If you want to get the certificate from Belgium, you can only do it in Dutch or French.

I recommend you take it in Luxembourg. They have the English option for the training.
It was a joke. I cannot sent you link of a Greek drone school because they don't list the prices unless you are in contact with them. On the other hand they are not prepared for on-line exams for the new 2021 regulations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk