DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Lennies, anyone?

Very nice! How did the M3P handle the turbulence that these generate near the ground?

Very nice! How did the M3P handle the turbulence that these generate near the ground?
I'm not aware of that as an issue but in general the M3P is like the M3 in that it's crazy stable. I had a hard time opening the car door on this day which is the same as a recent day when I did a 20sec hyperlapse in 25+mph gusty wind with no problem. I'm in awe of the stability of these things.

I'm not aware of that as an issue but in general the M3P is like the M3 in that it's crazy stable. I had a hard time opening the car door on this day which is the same as a recent day when I did a 20sec hyperlapse in 25+mph gusty wind with no problem. I'm in awe of the stability of these things.
The heaviest turbulence that I ever experienced was the first 1000’ under a mountain wave in a sailplane. It was a struggle to keep the plane straight and level to maintain the high tow position behind the tow plane. Once I passed ~1000 ft the air was as calm as sitting in my living room despite the overwhelming lift. I assumed that a drone would experience the same unstable flight under a mountain wave.

The heaviest turbulence that I ever experienced was the first 1000’ under a mountain wave in a sailplane. It was a struggle to keep the plane straight and level to maintain the high tow position behind the tow plane. Once I passed ~1000 ft the air was as calm as sitting in my living room despite the overwhelming lift. I assumed that a drone would experience the same unstable flight under a mountain wave.
Even 3000ft would not get me there :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying