DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lenovo Tablet?

Thanks for that info. A 64bit Android operating system is a must as (it seems) the DJI FLY app is a 64 bit app.
I did consider a Lenovo tablet but they don't get good reviews here in Australia but that could be because the Australian model is (marketed) one of those "special version for Australia' (other brands as well as Lenovo) which often means not as good as overseas models unfortunately.

I just bought a Lenovo M8 FHD and it works great. The Fly app downloads from the Play Store and installs and runs without any problem. So far, the screen on this tablet appears to be really nice. It is very bright, but I haven't used it in direct sun, yet. It's definitely much brighter than my iPhone 8. I hope to get to test it in direct sun this weekend. The tablet is very responsive. It has 3GB RAM and Android 9.

Interesting that it only has 3GB Ram and still runs Android 64 bit (obviously) although it is quite possible that it would not work here in Australia which always seems to market all sorts of things "built for Australia" or some other marketing ploy to sell things inferior to the overseas model.
I have noticed that the Lenovo M8 here in Australia only has 2GB RAM (at $A199) so I am betting that it isn't suitable.

Interesting that it only has 3GB Ram and still runs Android 64 bit (obviously) although it is quite possible that it would not work here in Australia which always seems to market all sorts of things "built for Australia" or some other marketing ploy to sell things inferior to the overseas model.
I have noticed that the Lenovo M8 here in Australia only has 2GB RAM (at $A199) so I am betting that it isn't suitable.
The fly app runs fine with 2 gigs of ram. I'm using the galaxy tab a 8, that a few people have mentioned, and have had no issues. In fact, by the time the app is running along with other background apps, it's probably closer to 1 gig of ram left over.

Lenovo makes the M8 and the M8 FHD. The FHD is the one you want. My understanding is that the M8 non-FHD won't work with the FLY app.

The fly app runs fine with 2 gigs of ram.
That is correct (from what I have read elsewhere) BUT here in Australia so far I am yet to find any (Android) tablet with only 2GB RAM which will run the fly app as here in Australia they don't seem to install the 64bit version of the Android operating system (required by the fly app) when there is less than 4GB RAM. It's been a very frustrating time for me to find an inexpensive tablet which is suitable. Even the Samsung 8 inch tablet model in Australia won't run the fly app whereas the USA/Canada model will.
My understanding is that the M8 non-FHD won't work with the FLY app.
Thanks. I cannot find anywhere in Australia which has the FHD model - as I mentioned it is most frustrating here in Australia. Maybe the manufacturers think that everyone in Australia is loaded with money and can afford to buy top of the range. Grrrrr!

Hi. Do you know if the Lenovo M8 (doesn't say FHD) $199 from JBHiFi will support DJI Fly App. Its advertised as 2 GB ram. Just bought the M7 !! Can not (it seems) run DJI Fly. Cheers Merv F Perth WA

I have no idea. Looking at the specs and price I do not thing that it would as Lenovo state that it has only 2GB ram and the price is just $199. I could not find any tablets at this price or ram which had the 64 bit version of Android installed. Maybe contact Lenovo and ask them. Also its display has a brightness of 350 which is fairly low.

Looking at the jbhifi web site for Lenovo the only model which I would feel most likely to work with DJI app is the Lenovo M10 Tab Plus 10.3" 64GB gen 2 tablet at $369.
I spent a lot of time researching and hoping to be able to purchase a tablet less than $300 but could not find any so purchased the Samsung Tab S6 Lite which has a screen brightness of around 430 nits.
Once you have a short list of possible suitable tablets then go to your local retailer and ask them if the demonstration tablets are linked to the internet (wifi) and then ask can you attempt to download the DJI Fly app from the Play Store. If you can then the tablet supports the DJI Fly app.
If not you could try and be sneaky and download the DJI Fly app installer onto a micro SD card and then take it to your store and if you can insert the SD card and try to install it that way.
It's just a pity that no one seems to know if the 64 bit version of Android is installed.
Please note that the screen brightness for the Lenovo M10 is only 320 nits which isn't very bright for outdoors where you will use it.

Hi. Do you know if the Lenovo M8 (doesn't say FHD) $199 from JBHiFi will support DJI Fly App. Its advertised as 2 GB ram. Just bought the M7 !! Can not (it seems) run DJI Fly. Cheers Merv F Perth WA
I had the M8 FHD and it worked fine except it does not have a built in compass so I returned it and got the Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki