DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens fogging issues.

sammackay23

Reactions
Hi all. as per title post i have been having an issue with my lens fogging up on a few flights. Having owned several dji drones in the past this is the first time with this issue. surely this shouldnt be happening? Im going to try silica gel pouches and if that fails i will attempt to send back the drone. How easy/hard is it to do a return? Have read on forums about an O ring issue and that can be fixed at home. Anyone done it?

Thanks

Its climatic changes and will sort itself out if you just leave it in a hot place for a while...or if you have a dehumidifier place it on or very close to it and it'll demist

DJI support is easy. Just go to support.DJI.com and select support from the menu line and then request online repair.

If you have established that the fogging is condensation forming on the lens, the issue is that you're taking a dry cold surface, the lens (maybe your home is strongly air conditioned, maybe the drone was left near an AC vent etc) outside into a warm humid environment. The trick is to put your drone and any filters into a sealed plastic bag, inside the cold AC'd house before you go out. If your driving to a location, leave the windows opened. This will allow the drone and its lens to warm up to the exterior temperature without exposing it to the humidity. Once everything including the lens and filters are at the ambient temperature, you're good to go. The lens and filters won't fog up now. In Canadian winters we do the reverse in winter. Bring the drone in from the extreme dry cold, I put the drone (and my cameras) in plastic bags and let them warm up inside. In this way condensation doesn't form on the drone and more importantly, hidden away on the electronics inside the drone.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Hi all. as per title post i have been having an issue with my lens fogging up on a few flights. Having owned several dji drones in the past this is the first time with this issue. surely this shouldnt be happening? Im going to try silica gel pouches and if that fails i will attempt to send back the drone. How easy/hard is it to do a return? Have read on forums about an O ring issue and that can be fixed at home. Anyone done it?

Thanks

Hi.🙂
I have had the same issue with my Mini3. I had a similar issue with my old Mavic Pro a few years ago. I never had any issue with my Mavic Air2. I live in Hokkaido, Japan and the issue only arises during the very humid summer here. We don't have AC and our windows are always open.
I have read many similar issues reported in this forum and many theories as to what causes it. The camera is supposed to be a sealed unit so why condensation forms inside the lense is a mystery. Only DJI could honestly answer this one.
Thanks for raising the issue again. I will closely follow the replies.

Hi.🙂
I have had the same issue with my Mini3. I had a similar issue with my old Mavic Pro a few years ago. I never had any issue with my Mavic Air2. I live in Hokkaido, Japan and the issue only arises during the very humid summer here. We don't have AC and our windows are always open.
I have read many similar issues reported in this forum and many theories as to what causes it. The camera is supposed to be a sealed unit so why condensation forms inside the lense is a mystery. Only DJI could honestly answer this one.
Likewise same issue with a Mavic Pro Platinum which I just paid DJI to replace the camera and it is perfect again now. I put is down to the camera on my unit not being properly sealed.
The stuff about temperature changes are valid if are unlucky enough to have a unit with a non sealed camera. IMO a sealed unit should not fog inside regardless of temp.
@sammackay23 if you take a few pictures through the fogged lens and some with another camera to show the condensation is behind the lens, DJI may exchange it as faulty.

Reactions: robforbes123
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki