DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let the incompetence begin

motopokep

Reactions
This has got to be the most incompetent industry in terms of customer service. I ordered the MP a week ago, it came in fast, I 2 days, but with a Spark charger. I contacted the 3rd party authorized DJI vendor through Amazon, they said it's a problem with DJI and promised to send me the correct charger for the Mavic. I got the multi-battery hub from them today!!! I can't use without the Mavic charger and I have no use for it, since I only have one battery. I hope I get to keep it for the inconvenience. One would think that a $1,000 drone would be packed with all correct accessories, and after a rare mistake, you'd think I'd get a charger...I'm scared of dealing with customer service if my MP will malfunction...I think I'll just let it sit on the shelf and be a proud MP owner that has never been broken :)

You can do better than that. Since they screwed up again, you should contact them again. If they refuse, just take it to Amazon CS and have them refund the amount of a charger so you can simply buy one yourself. Take pictures. Once you have it, charge it and go fly. I’ve owned mine since 2016 and still have mine. A little research and practice goes a long way.

This has got to be the most incompetent industry in terms of customer service. I ordered the MP a week ago, it came in fast, I 2 days, but with a Spark charger. I contacted the 3rd party authorized DJI vendor through Amazon, they said it's a problem with DJI and promised to send me the correct charger for the Mavic. I got the multi-battery hub from them today!!! I can't use without the Mavic charger and I have no use for it, since I only have one battery. I hope I get to keep it for the inconvenience. One would think that a $1,000 drone would be packed with all correct accessories, and after a rare mistake, you'd think I'd get a charger...I'm scared of dealing with customer service if my MP will malfunction...I think I'll just let it sit on the shelf and be a proud MP owner that has never been broken :)

Buy a charger from a local place like Best Buy or something. Maybe amazon. And return it when the other one comes in

Reactions: csevengo
You can set your Mavic on my shelf if you like . LOL
Dont get discouraged as after you sort all of these shenanigans out you will have a blast with your new bird.

Reactions: jcp411
I would return everything back to amazon and tell them why. Some of these DJI “dealers “ are hacks. It seems like DJI allows them to put their own packages together.

Buy from DJI direct, another amazon dealer, or through one of the guys here or some YouTube guys you like so they get a little credit.

Anyone can make a mistake. But when they don’t fix it fast and correctly, I lose patience and go elsewhere.

I would return everything back to amazon and tell them why. Some of these DJI “dealers “ are hacks. It seems like DJI allows them to put their own packages together.

Buy from DJI direct, another amazon dealer, or through one of the guys here or some YouTube guys you like so they get a little credit.

Anyone can make a mistake. But when they don’t fix it fast and correctly, I lose patience and go elsewhere.

I saved a $100 though :) Hahaha, I'm not too upset, it's very bad weather here anyway so I won't be flying for a while. It's just I wanted to set up the Mavic, play around with the controls, get to know it first, so when the weather clears up, I'd be all set to fly. The battery came completely discharged, the MP won't even turn on, so I'm a little pissed I don't have a charger to put some charge to it for storage. It's alright, we'll sort it out, it's a bumpy start

If it's direct from DJI (as in 3rd party vendor sells the basic or FMC package, as they receive from DJI), everything should be there. Unless the vendor make their own combo packages, with extra accessories, then it's the vendor's fault for putting the wrong charger. I don't think I would buy from these vendors. You never know if they package with fake props to save cost.

Reactions: Neebles
Edigital USA is a DJI authorized dealer...and props look DJI legit..I paid $900, I ordered Platinum props anyway...so for $100 savings from an authorized dealer, that gets me DJI warranty, I'll be patient for a few more days till I get the correct charger.

This is getting beyond incompetence by E-Digital. After I get the Spark charger with my Mavic and I let them know about it almost a week ago, and after they send me the square charging hub instead of the charger, and I again let them know about it, here is what they respond:
__________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Mavic charger is a standard manufacturer included item. Please check all slots of the packaging for this item and let us know so we can try an assist you further.
__________________________________________________________________________________

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! robots everywhere. I had to write them up a very detailed letter that took up some of my time, going detail by detail and attaching all relevant photos, of incorrect products received, and what the correct product looks like. Reclining back, popping a can of cold beverage, popcorn, waiting with my fingers crossed. I'm ready to buy one from DJI just to be done with this, but it's a matter of principle.

This is getting beyond incompetence by E-Digital. After I get the Spark charger with my Mavic and I let them know about it almost a week ago, and after they send me the square charging hub instead of the charger, and I again let them know about it, here is what they respond:
Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Mavic charger is a standard manufacturer included item. Please check all slots of the packaging for this item and let us know so we can try an assist you further.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! robots everywhere. I had to write them up a very detailed letter that took up some of my time, going detail by detail and attaching all relevant photos, of incorrect products received, and what the correct product looks like. Reclining back, popping a can of cold beverage, popcorn, waiting with my fingers crossed. I'm ready to buy one from DJI just to be done with this, but it's a matter of principle.
Just contact Amazon. Obviously the merchant isn’t willing to fulfill your complaint so just have Amazon partially refund the purchase, just enough for a charger and then use that refund to get a charger from elsewhere on Amazon.

Just contact Amazon. Obviously the merchant isn’t willing to fulfill your complaint so just have Amazon partially refund the purchase, just enough for a charger and then use that refund to get a charger from elsewhere on Amazon.

Thank you, didn't know I could get a partial refund. I'll give them one more day to make things right and will do just that if they don't

Thank you, didn't know I could get a partial refund. I'll give them one more day to make things right and will do just that if they don't
Did it work out? Usually I spend about 3 minutes on chat, and my problem is solved by then

ye, they told me they don't have a mavic charger to send me, so I ordered one through DJI and seller refunded me the cost of charger and shipping, it worked out, I'll just pretend I got the Mavic 2 weeks after I ordered it as if it was on back order :) it's fine since my tablet is only coming in tomorrow or Monday, and charger coming in Monday or Tuesday, all worked out, Amazon did step in and helped, cuz it was hard to get anyone over the seller to do anything

ye, they told me they don't have a mavic charger to send me, so I ordered one through DJI and seller refunded me the cost of charger and shipping, it worked out, I'll just pretend I got the Mavic 2 weeks after I ordered it as if it was on back order :) it's fine since my tablet is only coming in tomorrow or Monday, and charger coming in Monday or Tuesday, all worked out, Amazon did step in and helped, cuz it was hard to get anyone over the seller to do anything
I told you. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikair3