DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets talk about the MaVic in the Wind

I took my mavic out this weekend to fly but it was very windy here in Houston, TX. Hovering the mavic was jumping all over and I ended up just landing it and not flying. Good to hear that others have experienced the jumping around as well.

I am a beginner so I am being extra cautious before doing any flying right now.

I though the same thing it was jumping and jittering like crazy, however once I started moving in a lateral direction it smoother right out. Buy a hand held wind meter $10 for me sustained 15 is about my limit, I sure it will handle more however my 22 mph gust flight was a little sketchy,

Had mine get pulled about 500 ft yesterday before I got the altitude down low enough to get out of the wind. Used sports mode and got it back to me... just a little scary!

Got some cool video though

I though the same thing it was jumping and jittering like crazy, however once I started moving in a lateral direction it smoother right out. Buy a hand held wind meter $10 for me sustained 15 is about my limit, I sure it will handle more however my 22 mph gust flight was a little sketchy,

Nice, I think I will have to invest in one myself! Seems like a handy little tool.

I'm new to the Mavic, not new to RC flying, and I get way too many wind warnings with almost every flight. You guys say you are flying in 15mph+ winds, why aren't you getting these annoying warnings?

I get them constantly ever since the last update where they made it more sensitive. Way too sensitive and annoying now. I ignore them now where I used to at least pay attention to them

I get them constantly ever since the last update where they made it more sensitive. Way too sensitive and annoying now. I ignore them now where I used to at least pay attention to them
This x2, used to take note but now they go off in almost still conditions so I don't even bother anymore

I'd rather dji fix the wind warnings before the CAF issue

Compared to my P3 standard my Mavic cuts through wind like butter. I think the low profile gives it better sliceability. I've never piloted a P4

Reactions: insainflow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada