DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Letting go of PfCO and OA

Hiwayman

Reactions
So after much deliberation I will let my OA expire on 31 December. I will continue to operate under my A2 c of c.
I feel aggrieved that CAA has not offered free conversion to GVC, it like someone telling you your driving licence is no longer valid, having invested to obtain it.
I will not miss the annual OM renewal and fees.
I believe my main loss is overflight of people and safety zones, with Mavic 3, so that flying will now be done with Mini 4.
I will remain optimistic about possible freedom of sub 1kg drones in the current CAA review.
Anyone else similarly affected?

So after much deliberation I will let my OA expire on 31 December. I will continue to operate under my A2 c of c.
I feel aggrieved that CAA has not offered free conversion to GVC, it like someone telling you your driving licence is no longer valid, having invested to obtain it.
I will not miss the annual OM renewal and fees.
I believe my main loss is overflight of people and safety zones, with Mavic 3, so that flying will now be done with Mini 4.
I will remain optimistic about possible freedom of sub 1kg drones in the current CAA review.
Anyone else similarly affected?
So sorry- can you please give us the translations for
OA
CAA
GVC
OM
It would just be much easier to read posts that actually spell out these abbreviations in the first place. I am too lazy to look each one up.

Dale
Miami

So sorry- can you please give us the translations for
OA
CAA
GVC
OM
It would just be much easier to read posts that actually spell out these abbreviations in the first place. I am too lazy to look each one up.

Dale
Miami
The ones I recognise - In sequence:
Operational Authorization
Civil Aviation Authority
General Visual Line of sight Certificate

Reactions: Hiwayman
I may be wrong but i think OM is operational Manual

Hey.
Getting into world of drone business and I was told I need GVC but I stick to A2 CofC.
No Operation manual and it's for free valid until 2026

I see you're from same area @Hiwayman

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown