DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LG G6 running Oreo... No longer works with DJI Go app.

kodiak1120

Reactions
Any work around to this? I've read posts on this and other forums that the LG G6 doesn't work with the DJI Go app after you update to Oreo. I've followed these posts, but no one seems to post any kind of a definitive solution. Anyone know of a work around or solution?

Any work around to this? I've read posts on this and other forums that the LG G6 doesn't work with the DJI Go app after you update to Oreo. I've followed these posts, but no one seems to post any kind of a definitive solution. Anyone know of a work around or solution?
I can't speak for the G6, but my S7 was useless after the update until I rolled back firmware on drone and dji go 4 app. I've gotten it much dependable at this point. Occasionally it's a little pixelated but normally that's if I forget to close all previously opened apps and activate airplane mode

Reactions: ksmusa
I can't speak for the G6, but my S7 was useless after the update until I rolled back firmware on drone and dji go 4 app. I've gotten it much dependable at this point. Occasionally it's a little pixelated but normally that's if I forget to close all previously opened apps and activate airplane mode

Thanks, but I think that's a separate issue. I also had heavy pixilation issues after one of the recent updates of the DJI Go app. I rolled back to the previous version and that sorted it out. The issue I'm referring to is where the DJI Go app doesn't even recognize that the phone has been plugged in. You can't even get the "Go Fly" button to appear. It's some sort of an issue with Oreo and some phones including the G6.

It's a shame that DJI has done nothing to fix this for two months now. Apparently the issue has to do with Oreo and affects most DJI products (Air, Spark, Mavic, Mavic 2, etc.). Their official response on other forums has been to refer you to the list of "approved" devices, and tell you to buy another device. I don't think that's a reasonable solution. There are going to be more and more Oreo phones coming out and updates to older phones that are going to be causing problems for lots of people. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER DJI!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54