DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Liability Insurance for American Visiting Norway?

Aric394

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a trip planned to Norway and am hoping to bring my DJI Mini 3 Pro with me. Norway requires all pilots, regardless of drone size, to have about $900,000 of liability coverage. I have tried all of the US based insurance providers I can find on Google, and none of them offer coverage outside of the US for non-commercial flights. I have seen CoverDrone suggested many times, however they do not provide coverage for US residents. I have also tried a couple other EU-based providers which have also told me they do not provide coverage to people living in the US. Are there any Americans here who have person experience successfully finding an insurance provider who offers the required coverage for a non-commercial purpose?

Any help is really appreciated!

You could check with your insurance agent. Your homeowner's policy would normally cover this domestically, but not sure about internationally. Standard liability coverage seems to typically be < 900k, but you can usually crank it up. I changed mine to something like 1.5m and it didn't cost very much.

Upon checking I was surprised to realize that SkyWatch only insures inside the US. Is there a Norwegian based insurance company that could provide coverage?

Hi all,

I have a trip planned to Norway and am hoping to bring my DJI Mini 3 Pro with me. Norway requires all pilots, regardless of drone size, to have about $900,000 of liability coverage. I have tried all of the US based insurance providers I can find on Google, and none of them offer coverage outside of the US for non-commercial flights. I have seen CoverDrone suggested many times, however they do not provide coverage for US residents. I have also tried a couple other EU-based providers which have also told me they do not provide coverage to people living in the US. Are there any Americans here who have person experience successfully finding an insurance provider who offers the required coverage for a non-commercial purpose?

Did you find anything for Norway? I am going there in April and am looking for the same thing. Anyhelp would be appreciated!

Hi all,

Your question got me wondering, if you were a US Part 107 pilot could you buy insurance there? Would a US Part 107 pilot be allowed to fly commercially outside of the US?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S