DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

liability insurance in Europe

rusm

Reactions
Anybody know liability insurance company in Europe for foreigners?
At least three european country: Germany, Austria and Switzerland require drone liability insurance by law for just any flight.

The problem will be if you are not resident of this countries: I asked many insurance companies, and all of them required home address (domicile) in their countries for contract.
So, after some days spent for digging this question, seems that now just not possible to fly legally in this countries for tourists (non resident).

It would be nice, if somebody showed that I'm wrong..

Hi, I'm looking for that info too. Also, I noticed that in Switzerland "if the drone weighs more than 500 grams, Article 20 of the DETEC Ordinance on Special Category Aircraft requires liability insurance with guaranteed cover of at least CHF 1 million." That seems to exclude, at least in paper, the Spark and the Mavic Air from a liability insurance. But is that true in practice? Also, how probable is it for a small drone to cause big damage?

Hi, I'm looking for that info too. Also, I noticed that in Switzerland "if the drone weighs more than 500 grams, Article 20 of the DETEC Ordinance on Special Category Aircraft requires liability insurance with guaranteed cover of at least CHF 1 million." That seems to exclude, at least in paper, the Spark and the Mavic Air from a liability insurance. But is that true in practice? Also, how probable is it for a small drone to cause big damage?
depends on the hospital bill

Reactions: InvisibleName
Anyone have any new info on drone liability insurance in Switzerland?

(only one I found was about $600 + for 1 year, however I will only be there for 1 week.)

[Filming in the countryside.]

Anyone have any new info on drone liability insurance in Switzerland?

(only one I found was about $600 + for 1 year, however I will only be there for 1 week.)

[Filming in the countryside.]

See if that insurance offers you a pro-rated refund if you cancel it early. I know car insurance typically does in the United States.

I'll contact the company on Monday and check into that possibility.
I think I'll offer the company a short term insurance too. Something like
$100 for 10 days ... that's twice the monthly rate on their original quote.
I have a new Spark I picked up on a great deal, so maybe according to
ldsalas - Message #3, that could be an alternative.
Of course, I would prefer my M1 or M2Z.

I do live in germany but would advise you to a group called "haftpflichthelden.de" they have the contacts with the insurance companies and only for the drone, you pay about €40 a year to be insured. Not sure if they cover non-residents but my insurance is world-wide valid for upto €50 million in a single case.

I just emailed AMA (of which I'm a member) asking if their 2.5 mil liability insurance covers flight in countries other than the US. I'll post the answer in this thread when I receive their reply.

I just received a reply from Lisa Johnson of AMA, as follows:

"Thank you for contacting AMA. The AMA liability coverage that is provided as a benefit of your membership is only applicable within the United States.

Visitors from other countries can become affiliate members of the Academy."

Sorry, guys!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121