DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifeline

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but just wondering if anyone has tried the lifeline mod. Personally, it seems madly overpriced at $6,500 and then an extra $1,000 for an "auto-winch". I'm not sure if maybe I'm thinking too much but why not just buy a bunch of extra batteries with that? I'm sure you could purchase enough to get more than the advertised 2.5 extra hours and additionally, you don't have to be tethered. Anyways, I just want to know if anyone has tried it out and what was your experience.

I personally believe the only entities that would buy this would be municipalities. Fire and police having the need for constant view of an ongoing situation could and would benefit from this. A working apartment fire or a hostage situation has a great need for this. For the sport or even business operator batteries would be much cheaper.

I personally believe the only entities that would buy this would be municipalities. Fire and police having the need for constant view of an ongoing situation could and would benefit from this. A working apartment fire or a hostage situation has a great need for this. For the sport or even business operator batteries would be much cheaper.

I think fire and police would need something that could be easily moved around without worrying about trees and power lines being in the way of the tether line.

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
Well regardless of the drone you buy $6500 buys a L O T batteries.
The real advantage of drones is being able to view a situation from many angles. With the teathere’d drone you can’t move far because of power lines and trees Etc. As some one commented it might be idea for a static surveillance ie parade, VIP etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine