DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light Falloff camera L2D-20c -Mavic3

Reactions
Light Falloff camera L2D-20c -Mavic3 . In the photos, the light falls from the center. This is a common problem. But after correction, there is still ring of light in the middle. It is visible even on JPG directly from the drone. I used several programs (C1,LR,DXO) and it is still there. Do all "Mavics" do it? Or it is defect. Hope it is defect, because that's bad enough. fotos: Mavic3

Last edited:
Light Falloff camera L2D-20c -Mavic3 . In the photos, the light falls from the center. This is a common problem. But after correction, there is still ring of light in the middle. It is visible even on JPG directly from the drone. I used several programs (C1,LR,DXO) and it is still there. Do all "Mavics" do it? Or it is defect. Hope it is defect, because that's bad enough. fotos: Mavic3
Are you shooting dng images and processing with a program that doesn't use the built-in corrections?
Or are you using a polariser filter?

Are you shooting dng images and processing with a program that doesn't use the built-in corrections?
Or are you using a polariser filter?
Yes, generally i am shooting dngs. But it is visible on jpg straight from mavic too. Worst is with buit-in profile in Capure One. DxO and Light room gives better results, but that light ring is still there. Pictures was taken with ND(original) and just with clean class protection (original). Same problem. fotos: Mavic3

Do all "Mavics" do it? Or it is defect.
No, they don't all do that.
But I doubt that there's a problem with your drone.
Why are you using an ND filter to shoot stills?
The issue as you describe it is too complicated.
You are using three different software products and with/without an ND filter.
You need to eliminate variables to be able to work out what is causing the problem.

Can you shoot a couple of jpg images without any filters and upload them to Google Drive or similar and post a link ?

I had similar effects with some models of polarizers on the Mavic 3 Pro. Some of the filters have adverse reflections or interactions with the lens on the camera. Some of it may be due to the inside of the filter holder and not the filter material. It is a weird thing. As mentioned above, eliminate all the variables.

No, they don't all do that.
But I doubt that there's a problem with your drone.
Why are you using an ND filter to shoot stills?
The issue as you describe it is too complicated.
You are using three different software products and with/without an ND filter.
You need to eliminate variables to be able to work out what is causing the problem.

Can you shoot a couple of jpg images without any filters and upload them to Google Drive or similar and post a link ?
///You are using three different software products and with/without an ND filter.
You need to eliminate variables to be able to work out what is causing the problem.///
My way was eliminate the cause of the problem. When the problem persists in all variants (ND, no ND, Capture one, DXO, Camera RAW). It point to a problem with mavic camera.
I finally take photos without the original protective glass filter. Problem resist.
Interesting is that internal converting JPG system has better results. Not perfect but better.

album : Mavic3
disk: MAVIC3 - Google Drive

I had similar effects with some models of polarizers on the Mavic 3 Pro. Some of the filters have adverse reflections or interactions with the lens on the camera. Some of it may be due to the inside of the filter holder and not the filter material. It is a weird thing. As mentioned above, eliminate all the variables.
Yes polarizers - especially CLP sometime have issues. But this look's like bad cheep lens on DSLR with terrible light fall off and reflection inside of body. - "As mentioned above, eliminate all the variables." it doesn't make sense. It happends all the time. Sometimes is less visible but still there.

Interesting is that internal converting JPG system has better results. Not perfect but better.
This suggests that the problem is because you are shooting dng images and processing with programs that don't use the built-in corrections that the jpg has used.
If you used an Adobe program it would use the correction factors that are built-in to the raw image files.

But your images that show one side of teh sky darker than the other are a result of using a polariser without aligning it correctly for the angle you are shooting.
Polarisers are easy to use when you handhold the camera, but too much trouble to use easily on a drone.

This suggests that the problem is because you are shooting dng images and processing with programs that don't use the built-in corrections that the jpg has used.
If you used an Adobe program it would use the correction factors that are built-in to the raw image files.

But your images that show one side of teh sky darker than the other are a result of using a polariser without aligning it correctly for the angle you are shooting.
Polarisers are easy to use when you handhold the camera, but too much trouble to use easily on a drone.
(I did not use PL in these cases) Unfortunately i will have to use Adobe. Capture One is much better in many ways, but their lens support is weak. Change workflow after 7 years it is drastic solution for me. Before i used Phantom 4 pro with no problem. Now i have to wait every fu... panorama has to be stitch before starting shoot other. Lens is so bad that it need heavy correction, hidden before consumers. Dynamic range and bit depth is great. Mavic 3 cine is great. but...

The issues you are talking about only affect users who use the software you use.
Good lenses don't need that complex corrections. Nowadays, unfortunately, the software allows the use of bad lenses (cheep RF and canon R5 for example). That light circle with my brand new mavic is ridiculous. I have to borrow another piece of mavic 3 . I don't want to believe such a defect of the lens.

Good lenses don't need that complex corrections. Nowadays, unfortunately, the software allows the use of bad lenses (cheep RF and canon R5 for example). That light circle with my brand new mavic is ridiculous. I have to borrow another piece of mavic 3 . I don't want to believe such a defect of the lens.
I had no idea that my Mavic 3 was so defective.
Thanks for enlightening me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMA