DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightest DJI Mini 2 case?

Thanks so much @Playfair for posting this suggestion! After reading your post, I bought this bag and I personally think it's the perfect balance of weight/size and protection. I plan to use it for ultralight backpacking. For anyone wondering, this bag weighs in at 83g. For comparison, the first case I purchased (and plan to return) weighs 328g. For me, it holds the Mini 2, controller, 2 extra batteries (stacked vertically), a spare set of props, & mini screwdriver and still has a little bit of extra room on top. Here are a few more pics of the bag to give everyone an idea of it's size and what it can hold.

View attachment 122167View attachment 122168View attachment 122169View attachment 122174View attachment 122170View attachment 122171View attachment 122172View attachment 122173
83g is very decent if it holds all that! I'm tempted...

Most libraries have 3D printers these days. But if you want a high-quality, injection-molded like finish, get it printed by a 3D printing service bureau like Shapeways.com and have it printed in MJF PA12.
Thanks, will look into shapeways. Unfortunately only a tiny fraction of the world's libraries have 3d printers.

Sandwich it between 2 sheets of pick n pluck foam or egg crate foam then slide that into a DCF ditty bag that's just barely large enough to fit the "sandwich". I think that would be a little more protective than bubble wrap + a rubber band and would also look much nicer.
Yeah, egg crate foam and a minimal card/dcf ditty was my other plan...

Thanks so much @Playfair for posting this suggestion! After reading your post, I bought this bag and I personally think it's the perfect balance of weight/size and protection. I plan to use it for ultralight backpacking. For anyone wondering, this bag weighs in at 83g. For comparison, the first case I purchased (and plan to return) weighs 328g. For me, it holds the Mini 2, controller, 2 extra batteries (stacked vertically), a spare set of props, & mini screwdriver and still has a little bit of extra room on top. Here are a few more pics of the bag to give everyone an idea of it's size and what it can hold.
Excellent, thanks for the post! Should have mine Monday.

Reactions: dulcificum
2021-01-21 13.24.51.jpg

2021-01-21 13.24.55.jpg

2021-01-21 13.25.10.jpg

2021-01-21 13.25.26.jpg

Just some foam and the moulded piece of card it came with. Def a bodge job, second time could make it much neater and could obviously wrap it to look nice. But very happy at 36g total and £0.

Combining this with a 10g DCF dry bag and I'll have a strong and completely waterproof case coming in easily under 50g which is a result in my book!

Reactions: call-151

View attachment 122167View attachment 122168View attachment 122169View attachment 122174View attachment 122170View attachment 122171View attachment 122172View attachment 122173

Thinking of getting this,

Just wanted to check you ordered the large and not the large extra-wide?

Thanks,

Jamie

It's a little bit of a tight fight, but the Mavic Air came with a cloth semi hard case w/zipper. It will work with or without the Mini 2 prop guard. If you remove, cut, the bottom foam, bump, out it would fit better. Don't know the weight, but it's pretty light. I know you got a lot of suggestions, just giving you another, but you'd have to modify it, so... Good luck.

Bought similar for my Mavic Air. Good protection when I would often transport in my ATV. Inexpensive!

Looks good but very heavy. What's the weight?
112 grams for the case and the cardboard insert. I've since trimmed down the insert a little more and was able to fit my portable Mini 2 battery charger (which holds two batteries) and then all the other bits and bobs I included in the video. It may be a bit heavy but it protects the drone well on my hiking trips.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d