DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightning photography

shawnald22

Reactions
Quick question. Anyone know if there is any lightning triggers that work with the mavic pro 2??? Yes, I'm lazy and would like to try and get away from 8sec photos in wind. Not the best results.

Something like a Pluto trigger or miops.

Any ideas would be helpful. I love storm photography and lightning photography with my drone.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please use one of the best forum search options.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

I hope you get the pics you want.

I just point the cam at were the most strikes seem to be then hope for the best. To me the hardest part is getting the shot with out drowning the drone or having it blow away in the high winds that these thunderstorms have.

Quick question. Anyone know if there is any lightning triggers that work with the mavic pro 2??? Yes, I'm lazy and would like to try and get away from 8sec photos in wind. Not the best results.

Something like a Pluto trigger or miops.

Any ideas would be helpful. I love storm photography and lightning photography with my drone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
shot this a couple weeks ago, camera set to auto..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
shot this a couple weeks ago, camera set to auto..
A trigger would only work with a conventional camera for still images. Your best bet is shoot in 4K on a manual setting that you have worked out will give you the best exposure (because lightening is super bright) and then grab a frame from the video. As I mentioned above, I've done that a few times and achieved nice results.

Reactions: Rchawks
A trigger would only work with a conventional camera for still images. Your best bet is shoot in 4K on a manual setting that you have worked out will give you the best exposure (because lightening is super bright) and then grab a frame from the video. As I mentioned above, I've done that a few times and achieved nice results.
that's the only way I have managed to do it as well. Make sure your shooting 60 fps too not just 4k.

Attachments

• lightening_9-7_1.1.1-01.jpeg
    lightening_9-7_1.1.1-01.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • lighting_strike_1.7.3-01.jpeg
    lighting_strike_1.7.3-01.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: js47 and Coskier
Is there a way to do 1" long exposure with 1" interval setting on hyperlapse? This would be the best way to capture high quality lightning shots on a drone....

Is there a way to do 1" long exposure with 1" interval setting on hyperlapse? This would be the best way to capture high quality lightning shots on a drone....
I haven't seen it on the drones i have flown but maybe on some of the pricer models?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griggmi