DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightning SD card reader download image quality.

Zevulin

Reactions
Is there any video/image quality loss when downloading from the SD card to an iPhone with an apple lightning connector?
Thx!

only if you are converting it. It is what it is. iOS, Android, Windows, USB, Firewire, lightning.. should not matter

Reactions: Thomas B
I’m real close to purchasing a Mavic 2 and want the option of being able to download straight to my iPhone for editing on the go without image degradation. Carrying around a laptop is an extra step I don’t want to deal with in the field.

Apple makes a nice little SD card reader that plugs into your phone. I use it to go straight from the SD Card to my phone.

Yes I was on vacation and shot a lot of footage at 1080P/60fps and edited it on my iPad with no issue. I used this reader to download to my iPad. You are not going to like trying to manipulate 4k on your iPhone or you need to have the patience of a saint.
What is it about 4K that’s more difficult? Also, what’s one of the best iOS movie editing apps, I typically use iMovie for my vacation stuff.

There's a reason a Video card is about 8x the size of an iPhone (let alone the rest of the processing power in a PC or Mac).

The amount of data in 4K footage takes a lot of processing power when editing or it takes an age.
Well I am new to drones and not sure what ISO movies are. But looking at software to edit video clips most People seem to use Adobe Premiere, But I have been looking at a program called DaVinci Resolve 15 you can get a free version of it and some say it is really good for color grading. I have been going through the tutorials and it looks to do most everything I would want to do
Marcel

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada