DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Line on top of DJI app with time stamp and H

reemas

Reactions
I’m having a hard time finding info via search or the manual.

could someone please explain how that line at the top of the DJI App (mavic 2 pro) works? It’s yellow and green and has a time stamp that I’m pretty sure indicates remaining flight time. But what does the H mean and how does it relate to the moving time stamp?

Reactions: old man mavic
@reemas it shows the remaining flight time left ,and the H is the point when it will do an auto return home because it only has enough battery left to get back, you will notice that it moves depending on how you are flying and distance from the home point

Reactions: reemas and Thomas B
@reemas it shows the remaining flight time left ,and the H is the point when it will do an auto return home because it only has enough battery left to get back, you will notice that it moves depending on how you are flying and distance from the home point
Thanks for the response!

So does the time continue to reduce down as it approaches the H?

And for example, if it crosses the H with 6 mins left, does that mean it’ll take about 6 mins to get home (no wind) and that’s all the battery that’s left?

its not based just on time its to do with distance mainly, and the H is just to show when it will do the RTH because of battery left ,you will get a message on the screen telling you that its time to get home and if you ignore that then at some point it will come home on its own if you fly out as i said you will see the H move along the line towards the right side of the screen the further away you go from the home point one thing to be wary off is that the drone cant compensate for wind strength ,or direction ,so its always better if possible to fly the outwards leg of a flight into the wind ,which will assist the drones airspeed on the return journey

Reactions: ravenman and reemas
I wish Fly had that battery timeline.

Test it out by flying around in an open field. As you fly further out, you'll notice the H move right, as more time/energy is needed to get safely back.

As you fly, you'll notice the line get shorter on the right.
When the right side of the line gets to H, that's when it will prompt to go home.

The red part of the line is battery remaining that will initiate critical battery forced landing.

There's also a marker for where low battery warning is set. That's just a warning, doesn't do anything more than that. You can change its setting. Some prefer to be back by 30%, some just to start heading back at 30%, some prefer a higher or lower setting.
Me, I let it reach low battery RTH, but appreciate the heads up that I'm nearing that time.

Reactions: reemas
Thanks for the response!

so does the time continue to reduce down as it approached the H?
And for example if it approaches the H with 6 mins left that means it’ll take about 6 mins to get home (no wind) and that’s all the battery that’s left?
I wish Fly had that battery timeline.

Test it out by flying around in an open field. As you fly further out, you'll notice the H move right, as more time/energy is needed to get safely back.

As you fly, you'll notice the line get shorter on the right.
When the right side of the line gets to H, that's when it will prompt to go home.

The red part of the line is battery remaining that will initiate critical battery forced landing.

There's also a marker for where low battery warning is set. That's just a warning, doesn't do anything more than that. You can change its setting. Some prefer to be back by 30%, some just to start heading back at 30%, some prefer a higher or lower setting.
Me, I let it reach low battery RTH, but appreciate the heads up that I'm nearing that time.
Greta suggestion and thanks for the extra context!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun