DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lines on video

teccer

Reactions
when I zoom in on 4k or 2.7k in video these lines appear the same thing if I take a photo, any answer?

Attachments

• lines.JPG
    lines.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 33
Where are the lines? I’m not seeing them.
Tap the photo to enlarge it and they look like lots of extra little flowers especially along the roadway, no seen anything like it before so hopefully some one can come up with an answer for TeCher.

Tap the photo to enlarge it and they look like lots of extra little flowers especially along the roadway, no seen anything like it before so hopefully some one can come up with an answer for TeCher.
Maybe I'll try another sd card, the one I'm using is the one recommend but will try to see if it makes any difference

just put this on UT to explain my problem, I don't think it's the sd card as I can see it live on my tablet while flying, read what I said underneath the vid.
https://youtu.be/aXQZmlDaiLY
it seems to happen to any background, light or dark

just had another go ,this time in 1080/2.7k/and 4k, all the same but did notice that looking at the tablet when I turned off video it got a bit better,???

Last edited:
when I zoom in on 4k or 2.7k in video these lines appear the same thing if I take a photo, any answer?
You have a problem with the camera's ribbon cable (or the sensor).

If you are not happy with the drone's performance and you cannot find an easy 'fix' then by all means send it back.
You could contact Dji support in the first instance and send them video/photo evidence of the problem and see what they suggest first.

If you are not happy with the drone's performance and you cannot find an easy 'fix' then by all means send it back.
You could contact Dji support in the first instance and send them video/photo evidence of the problem and see what they suggest first.
I did contact dji support and got this reply

b1fc1a7e2a2563d3a27aed62a628c688.png
Kenneth (Support)

2021年3月20日 GMT+822:54

Dear Ray,

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support.

Good Day! Hoping you have wonderful day!

We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product.

Could you please try to reset the camera settings using the application. If the issue still persist we suggest to contact your dealer for a replacement.

Thank you for Choosing DJI Technical Support and Have a Great Day!
Best Regards
Kenneth O.
DJI Customer Support

just had a call from the dealer and as I bought it and registered 3 weeks ago it's not their problem after 2 weeks, and I'll have to send it back to DJI !!!!

Looks to me like "a lot" of pixelation. If it happens in both video / camera modes - I'd suspect a not great SD card. Make sure they are the EXTREMES made by SanDisk and that DJI recommends. Using slower cards will create some effects like you have.

Looks to me like "a lot" of pixelation. If it happens in both video / camera modes - I'd suspect a not great SD card. Make sure they are the EXTREMES made by SanDisk and that DJI recommends. Using slower cards will create some effects like you have.
I might have agreed with you except for the fact that in the last 3 weeks I've had at least 20 decent flights recorded on the same card all good quality,

Samsung 128GB Micro SD Card SDHC EVO UHS-I Class 10 U3 Memory Card​

I might have agreed with you except for the fact that in the last 3 weeks I've had at least 20 decent flights recorded on the same card all good quality,

Samsung 128GB Micro SD Card SDHC EVO UHS-I Class 10 U3 Memory Card​

Have you formatted it after use using the DJI formatting? If not, then I'd try that and see if it clears up. If not, then you may have a card on the verge of dying, esp if you have had it awhile and used it quite a bit. SD Cards only have so many read / writes before they go bad.

Or buy another SD card to use!

It is clear not a sd card issue, The sd card may have problems registering videos, not photos. And it is not pixelation, but bad signal from the camera (senzor). It is possible to go worse in time or in hot / cold environments. I would ask for a repair / replacement.

It is clear not a sd card issue, The sd card may have problems registering videos, not photos. And it is not pixelation, but bad signal from the camera (senzor). It is possible to go worse in time or in hot / cold environments. I would ask for a repair / replacement.
the seller had told me it's not their problem after 2 weeks but he was going to call DJI and see what they say so I'll wait until he calls back and go from there.
I agree with what you say, I think it's a camera problem
dji will not replace the faulty mini 2 as I reported the problem too late, I reported it to them 28 days after purchase and they say too late it had to be no later than 15 days after purchase
just put another video on YT showing the problem I'm getting.

Last edited:
I do not understand? Only two weeks of guarantee? The product is defective and should be fixed in the warranty period. It is not you problem if they will replace the product, replace camera or replace memory. You should get a working device.

I do not understand? Only two weeks of guarantee? The product is defective and should be fixed in the warranty period. It is not you problem if they will replace the product, replace camera or replace memory. You should get a working device.
the UK seller phoned me and said they only replace up to 2 weeks from purchase

and this is the reply I got from DJI.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Part 1----Based on the information that you provided, we would like to apologize since we can only process a replacement for you if it is still within 15 Calendar Days that you have received the product to the date it was reported.

Part 2----As per checking the information that you have provided, we would like to apologize since we can only process a replacement for you if it is still within 15 Calendar Days after the activation of the unit. Since it was purchased 02-20-2021, it already lapsed the timeframe to process a full replacement.

If the aircraft is already outside the replacement period, the after-service will be considered as a repair case, please let us know if you want to proceed with the repair process.

You may want to visit our After-Sales Service Policy page for further details: After-Sales Service Policy - DJI

Hope this finds you reassuring that your request has been acknowledged and will be taken care of for you.
Best Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13