DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Linking a cable from Mavic 2 Pro remote controller to DJI Googles RE

Former Member

Reactions
Question from a customer:

...with the combination of the Goggles RE + M2P I can only obtain 500-800 feet max distance before they disconnect. I would like to connect via the USB hub on the RC directly to the goggles, however to my surprise this does not seem as easy as it sounds.

Are there any adapters, cables, or fairy dust that can make these two devices link the video feed?

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Yes the antenna is connected to my RE Goggles, but I am only obtaining 1-mile max before they disconnect from my M2P ...so my thought is to find a way to connect the Goggles directly to the RC via the HDMI cable, the issue there is that it doesn’t work, so I was planning on trying it with the Litchi app tomorrow but I am not optimistic. Any suggestions on how to hard wire the two devices ? Thanks

You can connect the goggles to the bottom USB port instead of a mobile device and it works. Haven't checked if it solves the range problem.

Reactions: mavikelli
Pasted below is the reply from DJI in regards to connecting the RC to the Goggles RE directly with a cable… if they are wrong can someone else on here provide steps on exactly which ports and cable to use. Thanks

_______

Good day and thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate the time and effort you spent in reaching us. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues using the DJI Goggles RE using wireless connection. We understand that you are asking for directions on how to connect your Mavic 2 Pro using an HDMI Cable.

With regard to connecting your Mavic 2 Pro to your DJI Goggles RE using an HDMI cable, I'm afraid to inform you that the HDMI connection between the DJI Goggle Re and the Mavic 2 Pro is not available. Currently the DJI Goggles RE can only be connected to the Mavic 2 thru wireless connection. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Thank you and have a great day.
Best Regards,

Don
DJI Technical Support

Thanks for your reply Kilrah, but I am not sure if I follow you… I tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE to no avail.

Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue (Range with Mavic Zoom and Goggles RE) I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P …I am wide open to any ideas to try that anyone has here.

Thanks

You connect the micro USB cable from the controller to the charging port in the head band. Not the HDMI port.

That is how you connect to the Mavic Air so I would assume the same for the M2 if wired connection is an option.

1 Buy an Nvidia Shield Tablet to use with the Mavic.
2 Connect goggles to HDMI out on tablet.

1 Buy an Nvidia Shield Tablet to use with the Mavic.
2 Connect goggles to HDMI out on tablet.

That is most likely the most effective way to get away from using the googles communication infrastructure. However, for those of you that want to use head tracking - well, there would be none. The goggles simply act as a method to view the tablet's screen much better.

Thanks TuT, that solution will work for me.

Ideally I would like to use a device / tablet that is small enough to fit in the normal RC cradle as my iPhone does… can anyone here recommend a device that will still fit in the cradle but also has an HDMI or USB port like the Crystalsky or Nvidia so I can also connect the Goggles as well?

Thanks TuT, that solution will work for me.

Ideally I would like to use a device / tablet that is small enough to fit in the normal RC cradle as my iPhone does… can anyone here recommend a device that will still fit in the cradle but also has an HDMI or USB port like the Crystalsky or Nvidia so I can also connect the Goggles as well?

Maybe this one?
ALLDOCUBE iPlay8 Tablet, 7.85 inch 1024x768 IPS Screen Tablet PCs, MTK MT8163 Quad Core 1.3Ghz, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, Android 6.0, Support HDMI Output, Dual Band WiFi, White Gray

Wish it was a little smaller, but it has an HDMI output.

Maybe this one?
ALLDOCUBE iPlay8 Tablet, 7.85 inch 1024x768 IPS Screen Tablet PCs, MTK MT8163 Quad Core 1.3Ghz, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, Android 6.0, Support HDMI Output, Dual Band WiFi, White Gray

Wish it was a little smaller, but it has an HDMI output.

That seems a bit underpowered, especially with only 1GB RAM. I doubt Go4 would run on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle