DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi alternative Dronelink out on Beta

parkgt

Reactions
I just started working with the recently released Beta of Dronelink. If you are looking for a flexible and powerful way to plan and fly autonomous missions then you should take a look at the free Beta version.

It is a new take on Autopilot that was out several years ago, which was neat while it lasted. It is by the same creator

So far I am still in the learning process. It is flexible and powerful and takes some studying to learn the ins and outs. It is in it's early days so there is not yet much documentation; they have a Tutorial video to get you started and some great examples of mission that really helped me figure some things out.

I have flown four different mission, two several times as I made adjustments on the fly. In each case the missions did exactly what the nifty Preview indicated it would. This very useful Preview is built right in, you don't have to go outside Dronelink like you have to with Litchi.

On the missions I flew it seemed that the framing was tighter than what I typically see from Litchi.

It is fun and useful, I have really enjoyed it so far. I expect that as I get used to it and it matures that it will become my go to mission tool.

Last edited:
Yes, but I think litchi is limited with feature and not for complete automation. I mean have shared as per my experience.
OK, I’ll bite. If it automatically takes off, shoots the video and returns and lands, how is that not completely automated?

i agree that there is other software that can do more but most folks will never need it.

You should also checkout FlytNow. It has all the features of litchi.
For $499 per drone for the lowest price level, FlyNow had better offer ”all the features of Litchi“ with its $25 one-time cost including cloud-based flight planning. In all fairness, I will try FlytNow myself via their free trial offer.

Having flown my M2P with Dronelink, too, I find the camera controls superior to Litchi, but there’s more of a learning curve.. Sometimes I enjoy the Litchi simplicity of programming Waypoints and Points-of-Interest, checking altitudes throughout a virtual mission with Google Earth, and simply hitting the launch button.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic