DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi alternatives

puchal

Reactions
Hi Pilots, which application supporting waypoints would support take-off from restricted areas? During my vacation in Portugal I got all required permits to fly my mini 2 in a restricted zone and created the flight plan in Lichi. Then I flew to Portugal. On the day I was going to make my movie I touched take-off icon and nothing happened. The message that the drone won't take-off in a restricted zone has appeared.

It took me really long time to get all the permits, schedule a date and time, build a flight plan, and - such disappointment.

In September I am traveling to another place where I would like to fly in a restricted zone, but I am not sure if I should give up the plan of using a drone entirely. Is there an app I could use to fly in a restricted zone?

I was looking at this thread, wondering about why someone would be asking about Litchi Alternatives.

These are the only post I have found on Mavic Pilots.

Somebody please correct if I'm missing something 👌

Rod ..

@RodPad gave you some suggestions.

@puchal Keep in mind that the "Restrictions" are actually ONBOARD the aircraft and even 3rd party apps are "limited" to what the Flight Controller will allow.

Maybe look into a brand that isn't so strictly GeoFenced or maybe look into getting one that has been "hacked" avoiding those restrictions. If the operator has all the proper authorizations the AIRCRAFT should not be the limiting piece.

I did some research and it looks like I can unlock restricted zones ahead of time, but to my understanding I have to use DJI app to fly. I guess I will need to travel maybe to a blue zone, unlock it and try to take off there using Lichi..

I did some research and it looks like I can unlock restricted zones ahead of time, but to my understanding I have to use DJI app to fly.
That is not quite correct. While you must load the unlock code into the drone using DJI software, once that is done you can fly using Litchi.

My MP1 and MP2 have FW that eliminates this lockout. I have no trouble using litchi even where restricted. Has to be something in the fw.

Reactions: puchal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N