DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi App for Mini on iOS

DJM911

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Sorry for another post, but I have seen a few different posts and some conflicting info on the topic.

I am new to the drone world and have Mavic Mini, I was researching quite a bit about Active Tracking, and was one of the main reasons I initially was tempted with the Air 2 - but couldn't bring myself to spend that sort of budget on my first drone.

Then I learnt about the Litchi App and its capabilities with Active Tracking, but have read on some articles doesn't work on iOS and then read another that said it did...

Can anyone please clarify if I purchase the Litchi App can I use the Active Track with my Mini 1 on my iPhone 11 Pro? I probably wont use it until further down the line and I am used to flying my Mini, but with young kids etc. be cool to try out Active Track with them on walks etc.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry once again for dragging up an old topic lol.

Dave

Reactions: lowellton
Not sure what the price is now...I bought it on black Friday for half price, and it's certainly worth that.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for another post, but I have seen a few different posts and some conflicting info on the topic.

I am new to the drone world and have Mavic Mini, I was researching quite a bit about Active Tracking, and was one of the main reasons I initially was tempted with the Air 2 - but couldn't bring myself to spend that sort of budget on my first drone.

Then I learnt about the Litchi App and its capabilities with Active Tracking, but have read on some articles doesn't work on iOS and then read another that said it did...

Can anyone please clarify if I purchase the Litchi App can I use the Active Track with my Mini 1 on my iPhone 11 Pro? I probably wont use it until further down the line and I am used to flying my Mini, but with young kids etc. be cool to try out Active Track with them on walks etc.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry once again for dragging up an old topic lol.

Dave
Follow mode is much better than active track for now. Enjoy and be safe

Yes, the follow mode works well with iOS and Android. The mini will follow the phone you are using to fly the mini. With Android you can pair a second phone using the Litchi Magic Leash app and the mini will follow the second phone that you give to your subject while you still control it with your main phone and the FC.

Magic Leash installs with iOS but doesn't pair and connect to another iPhone. I recently contacted Litchi mentioning this Magic Leash problem with iOS and was quite surprised when they replied with -
"Magic leash has become less relevant now that a lot of the DJI remote controllers are so small that you can (relatively) easily carry them with you. Kind Regards, Litchi"
I thinks that there is much more use in following a subject who has the second phone rather than just following yourself or having to include yourself in the video frame with your subject with your FC and iPhone.

Reactions: DJM911
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky