DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi App issue.. cant control drone with other Joystick(xbox, madcatz, etc)

RulyAtmaja

Reactions
in litchi help in joystick section it says: "Left and Right Joysticks: Used to control the drone the same way you would control a drone with a DJI remote controller in mode 2", BUT when i try it it wont work that way,, it not control drone movement it just control litchi ui app (choose button focus on ui etc) ..i has try using differ joystick (xbox, madcatz, others) the result it still the same, any clue how to control drone using joystick, please any clue how to use joystick on litchi like written in litchi help,

You cannot control your drone without using the appropriate DJI controller.
Nothing else will connect with the drone.

litchi admin says it'll automatic detect joytick controller and can drive drone and he said using xbox controller like litchi dev using.. so i bought the xbox controller and others too, what i've been test is it just navigate litchi app using joystick, not the drone,

I don't see how it would be possible without the original controller? Think about it.
It is the controller that connects to the drone and controls it NOT the phone.
The phone/tablet is just a visual aid for the app.

I don't see how it would be possible without the original controller? Think about it.
It is the controller that connects to the drone and controls it NOT the phone.
The phone/tablet is just a visual aid for the app.

It is technically possible because Litchi can send virtual stick commands to the drone using the game controller inputs.

Reactions: dug611
It is technically possible because Litchi can send virtual stick commands to the drone using the game controller inputs.
But you still need the original controller, so what's the point of having 2 controllers?

But you still need the original controller, so what's the point of having 2 controllers?

Maybe some prefer the ergonomics of the Xbox controller?

in litchi help in joystick section it says: "Left and Right Joysticks: Used to control the drone the same way you would control a drone with a DJI remote controller in mode 2", BUT when i try it it wont work that way,, it not control drone movement it just control litchi ui app (choose button focus on ui etc) ..i has try using differ joystick (xbox, madcatz, others) the result it still the same, any clue how to control drone using joystick, please any clue how to use joystick on litchi like written in litchi help,

Looking at Litchi Help, this particular feature of Litchi seems limited to DJI's drones that can be flown solely via Wifi (with no controller):

Litchi allows you to control Wi-Fi based drones (Spark, Phantom 3 Standard, Mavic Air/Pro) with a bluetooth controller when no DJI remote controller is connected.

I'm a land surveyor. I video ing a big huge land ... I want to separate between transmitter antenna and controller.. living in very hot dry air country.. you don't wanna get sun burn on daylight flight. If I can separate them..I can fly my drone in the car and with tripod and clamp transmitter antenna can always pointing to the drone on the flight area

I'm a land surveyor. I video ing a big huge land ... I want to separate between transmitter antenna and controller.. living in very hot dry air country.. you don't wanna get sun burn on daylight flight. If I can separate them..I can fly my drone in the car and with tripod and clamp transmitter antenna can always pointing to the drone on the flight area
Fair enough however 2 points.
I find it odd a land surveyor is using a Mavic mini in the first place, surely a surveyor needs a drone that supports waypoints?

Second, how would you watch the video screen when sat in the car? You would have to be fairly close to the controller even when looking through the window,
even then it would be difficult to see in bright sunlight.

Well usually I just using total station and a mavic pro if needed.... Actually now I had 2s an mini. Since 2s not supported yet so I bought a mini.. screen casting to monitor and or litchi Vue is enough for flying drown with ground station inside car. I need movable easy fast drone to fly and move. It takes 1.5 hour on one spot. And it's need multiple spot a day. I need to flying it inside my Jeep with air conditioner. Lol.. flying everyday All day outdoor in hot tropical weather is so overwhelming. Btw mini is supported waypoint on litchi newest update . And use Yagi antenna it can go 2.5km its more than enough..

Last edited:
L
Well usually I just using total station and a mavic pro if needed.... Actually now I had 2s an mini. Since 2s not supported yet so I bought a mini.. screen casting to monitor and or litchi Vue is enough for flying drown with ground station inside car. I need movable easy fast drone to fly and move. It takes 1.5 hour on one spot. And it's need multiple spot a day. I need to flying it inside my Jeep with air conditioner. Lol.. flying everyday All day outdoor in hot tropical weather is so overwhelming. Btw mini is supported waypoint on litchi newest update . And use Yagi antenna it can go 2.5km its more than enough..
Litchi only supports waypoints by proxy using virtual sticks via the controller.
It's more of a workaround than anything else.

Not sure what issues or conflicts this could cause considering what you propose to do also uses virtual stick input?

Yes. It just litchi admin on facebook says it support using Xbox joystick so I buy the app and the joystick. I try also dronecontrol.co app it can even control your drone from other part of the world just using webrtc via browser and support control your drone and camera from remote also.. but it's has limit to 200 minutes flight a month and need very fast internet since its can stream local network

Yes. It just litchi admin on facebook says it support using Xbox joystick so I buy the app and the joystick. I try also dronecontrol.co app it can even control your drone from other part of the world just using webrtc via browser and support control your drone and camera from remote also.. but it's has limit to 200 minutes flight a month and need very fast internet since its can stream local network
Hello Ruly!

Thanks for trying our app to solve your pressing issues. As you already mentioned, we support this use case with controlling the drone via PS/Xbox controller. So actually our current free monthly limit is 30min, then 200minutes for HOBBY package and 1000minutes for PRO package. If you would need more than 1000minutes per month, then please leave us a private message or write us to [email protected] and we can come up with a separate deal for enterprise usage.

Regarding the need for very fast Internet connection. This is the case if both devices are connected separately to different mobile network towers. But when both devices are connected via the same WiFi point (router, hotspot), then you don't need a fast Internet connection as the video goes directly from one device to another without having to go through the Internet and servers. WebRTC is a P2P technology and that's why this works in the first place without needing the servers for the streaming part. Therefore in your case, by having one device as hotspot and another device connected to that hotspot, the available network bandwidth shouldn't be an issue when it comes to streaming via our solution.

Hello Ruly!

Thanks for trying our app to solve your pressing issues. As you already mentioned, we support this use case with controlling the drone via PS/Xbox controller. So actually our current free monthly limit is 30min, then 200minutes for HOBBY package and 1000minutes for PRO package. If you would need more than 1000minutes per month, then please leave us a private message or write us to [email protected] and we can come up with a separate deal for enterprise usage.

Regarding the need for very fast Internet connection. This is the case if both devices are connected separately to different mobile network towers. But when both devices are connected via the same WiFi point (router, hotspot), then you don't need a fast Internet connection as the video goes directly from one device to another without having to go through the Internet and servers. WebRTC is a P2P technology and that's why this works in the first place without needing the servers for the streaming part. Therefore in your case, by having one device as hotspot and another device connected to that hotspot, the available network bandwidth shouldn't be an issue when it comes to streaming via our solution.
Yes if been try to trial the dronecontrol app. So if phone I use in the app and the pc is on the same wifi it will stream locally? I try it but since upstream from phone and downstream from pc is on the same network.. the web browser client ( Livestream and control) is always reset/ stop and new live stream. Maybe my 4g connection uplink is not that good it kind of blocking and reset the Downsteam client) and must submit new name of client.. how to make it locally streamin?

Reactions: DroneControl
Yes if been try to trial the dronecontrol app. So if phone I use in the app and the pc is on the same wifi it will stream locally?
Yes that is correct, it should stream locally as the WebRTC discovers that both devices are on the same network hence no need to go out in the Internet looking for the shortest route between these two devices.

I try it but since upstream from phone and downstream from pc is on the same network.. the web browser client ( Livestream and control) is always reset/ stop and new live stream. Maybe my 4g connection uplink is not that good it kind of blocking and reset the Downsteam client) and must submit new name of client.. how to make it locally streamin?
Not sure why it would reset the connection once you already have initial live stream. Does this happen immediately after streaming starts or does it work for a couple of minutes and then the streaming stops? During our testing the once established WebRTC connection is very robust, even in the case of reduced bandwidth availability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki