DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi App no go on some Android devices

DMain37

Reactions
Hi Folks,

Just a note about android devices. Per the Litchi website:

"6. Is my Android device supported by Litchi?

As a general rule, Litchi supports most mid to high-end Android devices. There are many Android devices and
versions out there, and even two similar devices can yield very different results, for this reason there is no list
of supported devices. The best way to find out if your device is supported by Litchi is to purchase the
application and give it a try. If it ends up not working, you can ask for a refund during the 2 hours window.
Please do let us know if you find a problem, and we will do our best to fix it."

I was excited to learn of the Litchi app for the way point mission piece for design on a pc and upload to my android device. I have been using the dji go 4 app for general flying, and never created a way point mission just because I am lazy and annoyed to have to run the mission to record it first! (Sad, yes I know)
I installed the Litchi app on a Digiland 7" tablet, android version 5.1 (no updates available to go higher). It constantly says DISCONNECTED in RED across the top of the app. No matter startup order, cable selection, nothing changed. I then installed Litchi on my cell phone (Galaxy s5) and it worked! No issues at all. I am totally thrilled that I can use this app as intended now.

Stay Safe out there!

No different then the DJI app, it works on some android device but not others. Both Litchi and DJI GO 4 work great on my Nvidia shield. DJI Go does not work on my HTC ONE with Android 6.

I can have both on the Nexus 7 but only one for some reason on Samsung S5 or neither will work.
Litchi has some plus points for general flying - as well as being much better at waypoints, however the Active track modes while present seem clumsily implemented.

I also rather miss the enthusiastic wind warnings on Go4, I know that when the secondary scrolling warning appears it's best to be cautious but with Litchi you are mainly guessing what it's like higher up.
Also not sure Litchi will warn if compass or IMU has got upset.
In general Go4 is the one to have unless you can have both loaded.

*** UPDATE!! ***
I found a thread somewhere on the Inter-webs about getting android devices into USB Debugging mode that could potentially help. IT HELPS! I can now successfully connect my Digiland 7" tablet to the Litchi app and load missions. As it is pouring down now, I did not actually fly it, but no longer have the DISCONNECTED red bar across the top. It went to the GREEN OPTI MODE followed by GPS MODE after a bit directly after plugging in the USB plug from the transmitter. I have both DJI Go 4 and Litchi on the same device. I have cleared the Default App for both, so when plugging in the USB, was prompted to pick one of the apps, and to Run Once or Always. I chose Run Once so I can easily go back and forth as I like.
If you want to see if your previously non-compliant android device can come to life, try this:

How to Access the Developer Options Menu

To enable Developer Options, open the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom, and tap About phone or About tablet.
Scroll down to the bottom of the About screen and find the Build number.
Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options. Tap a few times and you’ll see a notification with a countdown that reads “You are now X steps way from being a developer.”
When you’re done, you’ll see the message “You are now a developer!”.
Tap the Back button and you’ll see the Developer options menu just above the “About Phone” section in Settings. This menu is now enabled on your device—you won’t have to repeat this process again unless you perform a factory reset.
To enable USB Debugging, you’ll need to jump into the Developer options menu, scroll down to the Debugging section, and toggle the “USB Debugging” slider.

I changed a few sliders to on (which I cannot remember which ones at the moment), so try just turning on USB Debugging first by itself. If no go, then try some of the other sliders. Most sliders tell you what it does after selecting it. I do not recommend changing the ones that flash the screen for instant changes as it is a bit annoying to the eyes. :)

Good Luck!

That's great, I can get a Digiland tablet for very little money... how is the performance of litchi/djigo on these kind of tablets?

BTW I've seen that the one I can buy comes with Android 6, so you might be able to update it.

That's great, I can get a Digiland tablet for very little money... how is the performance of litchi/djigo on these kind of tablets?

BTW I've seen that the one I can buy comes with Android 6, so you might be able to update it.

Seems to run fine for both. I uninstalled all extra things or disabled if not uninstallable just to keep it as fast as possible. I use this just for the Mavic and nothing else.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911