DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi beginners question / Waypoint missions

Concerning now the mission above which is not bad at all for a first trial, I'd be curious to see its design. My impression is that you jumped for a "focus waypoint" to an other "focus waypoint". If true, this doesn't give the smoothest gimbal movements. What I recommand (and what I use always) is to build the mission with this help for fixing gimbal pitches and headings at all waypoints and once this is done, to systematically switch to "interpolate" and to set waypoint numbers to "none" in the hub.

Here you are:

Next time I will definitely go for the "interpolate" tip.

My impression is that you jumped for a "focus waypoint" to an other "focus waypoint". If true, this doesn't give the smoothest gimbal movements. What I recommand (and what I use always) is to build the mission with this help for fixing gimbal pitches and headings at all waypoints and once this is done, to systematically switch to "interpolate" and to set waypoint numbers to "none" in the hub.

I would question this advice. First, I think when you use the term "Waypoint", you really mean "POI" Using POIs versus manually setting the heading at each Waypoint are two different methods for achieving the same result with a subtle but important difference.

First, the similarity between the two methods.

In either method, the heading of the drone at the Waypoint (or closest point on the path to the Waypoint if using curved turns) will be the same.

Second, the difference.

If using POIs to control the heading, the heading of the drone will remain fixed on the POI between Waypoints. If you manually set the heading at each Waypoint, the heading of the drone between Waypoints may not point at the point of interest. You cannot simply replace the heading obtained via POIs with manually defined headings and expect the same results.

This difference is best described with a diagram:
Capture.PNG

Great mission. I think you have a grasp on Litchi already. I have been flying missions in Litchi for 6 months
and you are obviously past my current skills.
May I ask what editing software you are using? Your colors look spot on.

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
Great mission. I think you have a grasp on Litchi already. I have been flying missions in Litchi for 6 months
and you are obviously past my current skills.
May I ask what editing software you are using? Your colors look spot on.

Thanks a lot!

I use DaVinci Resolve for editing, but to be honest I am overwhelmed by all of the color grading possibilities there.

Reactions: halifax
There are a lot of threads on here concerning Litchi. Hopefully this is new info.
Montana Monk on YouTube has videos on setting up way points. I found these videos were easy to follow and thoroughly explained way points.
Waypoint Tutorial Part #1
Waypoint Tutorial Part #2

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
My impression is that you jumped for a "focus waypoint" to an other "focus waypoint". If true, this doesn't give the smoothest gimbal movements. What I recommand (and what I use always) is to build the mission with this help for fixing gimbal pitches and headings at all waypoints and once this is done, to systematically switch to "interpolate" and to set waypoint numbers to "none" in the hub.

Thanks again for this great advice. I tried again, this time just using the the POIs for design and then switching to "interpolate". This really helped a lot (although the scenery I had was even more boring, but anyway it's my home town :) ).

Hi There,

I am experiencing funny things with Litchi. In my Mission Hub I have several WP routes stored. If I open the folder, all stored WP routes will appear on my desktop computer, as well as in the Android app on my cellphone. However, if I open Litchi on my smart controller, only the two most recently added routes are shown but not the rest. Do you have any idea how that can happen? I logged in and out from Litchi on my smart controller but there was no refreshing effect, hence all my other routes did not come back. I thought the routes should all be stored in a cloud and as soon as my smart controller connects to the internet, there should be the same routes visible as on my other devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d