DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi configuration

marco n

Reactions
Hello everyone, I just bought Mavic Pro and I needed to fly with waypoints I installed Litchi. In the DJI shop they told me that I would have to calibrate the compass in Litchi but when I try it return me an error it says that it is not possible to complete the operation. In other forums I read that there is no need to calibrate it in Litchi, as long as it is calibrated with DJI Go 4. I tried to fly with Litchi in FVP and everything seems ok but I do not trust to try in waypoints without first being sure the compass is ok. Can anyone tell me what to do after installing Litchi? Thanks for your help.

Calibrate it in Go4. The software/app you use has absolutely no affect on how the compass functions. And the compass doesn't care what app you use to fly. The two are unrelated.

A quick and easy trick in Go4 for compass calibration is to flip the sports mode switch five times, up and down in rapid succession. This will bring up the compass calibration screen. Be sure to ALWAYS calibrate in an open area, free of metal objects, including (and in particular) Apple smart watches, as such objects will result in a poorly calibrated compass.

Reactions: Norval and BigAl07
Calibrate it in Go4. The software/app you use has absolutely no affect on how the compass functions. And the compass doesn't care what app you use to fly. The two are unrelated.

A quick and easy trick in Go4 for compass calibration is to flip the sports mode switch five times, up and down in rapid succession. This will bring up the compass calibration screen. Be sure to ALWAYS calibrate in an open area, free of metal objects, including (and in particular) Apple smart watches, as such objects will result in a poorly calibrated compass.
Thanks a lot!!!

Reactions: Qoncussion
I have had my Mavic Pro 14 months now, traveled abroad with and I have only calibrated my compass once in all this time, if its not showing any errors for compass, then don't do it, its not needed.

Reactions: jaysrmc
I have had my Mavic Pro 14 months now, traveled abroad with and I have only calibrated my compass once in all this time, if its not showing any errors for compass, then don't do it, its not needed.
Thanks, nice to know this.

Reactions: UAVNV
A quick and easy trick in Go4 for compass calibration is to flip the sports mode switch five times, up and down in rapid succession. This will bring up the compass calibration screen.....

All this time and I'm just now learning this trick?

Thanks for the info sir. Very good to know.

Reactions: Qoncussion

What he said.

I have heard also direct from DJI a compass calibration is not needed unless it states to. Some do it everytime they fire it up and I have seen some move 100 yards a base station and do it again!

But to each their own on this subject matter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+