DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi continue mission if signal lost?

As far as I know ,only drone deploy has that ability for sure ,. As it's pro software ,

Ask @zeusfl , he will know for sure , and has some great videos on the subject.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain
Litchi has the ability on older DJI drones not using the Fly app. The Mavic Air can do it. Drone Depoly will not function any different than Litchi or any other app for that matter doing waypoints on finishing a mission on newer drones using the Fly app. All newer DJI drones using the Fly app will RTH on disconnection and will use virtual sticks.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain Drone Deploy has to rely on virtual sticks just like Litchi for all drones using the Fly app

Reactions: Tufargon
Hello,

I seem to remember a menu in Litchi for what to do if signal is lost. I think the options were hover, land, return to home, or continue mission.

But now I can’t find that menu. Did it change or move or was it taken away?

cheers!

(Planning in Litchi Mission Hub, using M2P with Litchi app)

Yes, it does. It is one of the settings. P3 4K does as well.
P3 4K uses the Go app. P4 on up including Mavic Pro use Go 4 app.
From Litchi: DJI Drones that are built for the DJI Fly App are controlled by VSC during waypoint missions. (Mini-1-2-SE, Air-2-2S & (Mavic-3, Mini-3))
From Drone Deploy (that I'm sure use the same DJI SDK)

Virtual Sticks Mode​

For some drones not supported by the DJI SDK (including Mavic Air 2), DroneDeploy uses another third party’s SDK (Dronelink) to execute autonomous missions. This works very similarly to other autonomous missions controlled by DJI’s SDK, except the flight plan is not stored on the drone, but rather the waypoints are sent to the drone during the flight.

Hello,

I seem to remember a menu in Litchi for what to do if signal is lost. I think the options were hover, land, return to home, or continue mission.

But now I can’t find that menu. Did it change or move or was it taken away?

cheers!

(Planning in Litchi Mission Hub, using M2P with Litchi app)
Signal Loss Behavior.png
Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss.jpg

Attachments

• Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss.png
    Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 8
I'll look into drone deploy and ask zeusfl for a definitive answer.
DJI Drones that use the DJI GO(4) app CAN continue a waypoint mission when signal is lost.
DJI Drones that use the DJI Fly app can NOT.

This is a choice DJI made in their SDK's, and applies to ALL 3rd party apps.

DJI Drones that use the DJI GO(4) app CAN continue a waypoint mission when signal is lost.
DJI Drones that use the DJI Fly app can NOT.

This is a choice DJI made in their SDK's, and applies to ALL 3rd party apps.
Thank you Sir!

The Mavic Air 2 & Air 2S ARE supported.

Pure NONSENSE:
-There is no 3rd party SDK
-Dronelink is a 3rd party app just like all others and uses the DJI SDK.
DroneDeploy actually is built on the Dronelink SDK. Impementing a virtual stick flight controller is non-trivial, and they preferred to just use Dronelink instead of the DJI SDK directly.

Reactions: tribar
The ability to finish the mission if the signal is lost is call onboard missions. The drone basically will load all the missions in the drone memory and will finish the mission if the signal is lost and the option is selected. This commands can be controlled by the 3rd party software like litchi, Dronelink, Drone Deploy by using the SDK (software developer Kit) ect… there is not magic in any of this softwares.

This ability has been discontinued by DJI on consumer drones after the Mavic 2 Pro because the pressure of the US concerned about the implications this cause in national security.

DJI then released a new app (DJI Fly app) I am not sure if this is related but basically if the drone use fly app is not capable to carry online missions. However the new drones still can do virtual stick missions. This means the drone can fly missions automatically as long as has connection to the R/C.

Just set the drone RTH if the signal is lost or set to hover if you are indoors or insert a trees canopy.

Reactions: AZDave
The Mavic Air 2 & Air 2S ARE supported.

Pure NONSENSE:
-There is no 3rd party SDK
-Dronelink is a 3rd party app just like all others and uses the DJI SDK.
You're not reading the information I posted. The first paragraph is straight from Litchi webpage:
From Litchi: DJI Drones that are built for the DJI Fly App are controlled by VSC during waypoint missions. (Mini-1-2-SE, Air-2-2S & (Mavic-3, Mini-3))

From Drone Deploy page

Virtual Sticks Mode​

For some drones not supported by the DJI SDK (including Mavic Air 2), DroneDeploy uses another third party’s SDK (Dronelink) to execute autonomous missions. This works very similarly to other autonomous missions controlled by DJI’s SDK, except the flight plan is not stored on the drone, but rather the waypoints are sent to the drone during the flight.

I have used litchi lots of time. i have lost signal and have had weak signals, using the MP2, the drone flew just fine. the drone will finish the mission. I believe that is one of the benefits when it comes to using the litchi app.

You're not reading the information I posted. The first paragraph is straight from Litchi webpage:
You are giving false information and don't know what YOU are reading.
That first paragraph is NOT from the Litchi weppage, it's a topic I posted on the Litchi Forum !!

You are giving false information and don't know what YOU are reading.
That first paragraph is NOT from the Litchi weppage, it's a topic I posted on the Litchi Forum !!
Nope, copied straight from their website User Guide.

Last edited:
Nope, my topic in the Litchi forum:

Nope, my topic in the Litchi forum:
You can keep on doing this, but it's on their user guide. BYE

• Haha

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes