DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi/DJI GO App Disconnects - Possibly Faulty Cables

phaeton

Reactions
I've been flying my Mavic for the past 6 months now. I started with DJI Go for the flying app, but I was finding it to frequently disconnect during flight (4 times in one flight). So I switched over to exclusively use Litchi and that worked well for a while. But then I was finding I was getting intermittent disconnects.

I had a theory this weekend, when I remembered someone had mentioned to me before about making sure the cable connector into the phone was in properly. I had checked this numerous times to make sure the connector was in properly. But I thought, what if the cable is faulty and is resulting in the frequent disconnects. So I used another third party cable and connected to the standard USB port at the bottom of the controller and into the phone on the other end. So far, I have had 2 flights without a disconnect. Not enough flights to be sure this is the cause, but I'll keep flying like this to get a better idea.

Just for info sake, I'm using a Pixel XL for my phone, so the DJI cable was the microUSB to USB-C cable that came with the Mavic.

You have to admit we all love the fact of keeping the remote clean using the side mini USB cable while having no cable in the way. I know I did but I found a better way. I now use the bottom USB port for my phone and the side port for a battery charger so I keep the controller charged while I fly. I wrapped the excess cable up and used a Velcro strip to keep it out of the way for my phone connection. I put the battery charger in my pocket and let the USB cable run up to the remote. It's a little more awkward having this setup but after a few flights you don't even realize it anymore. The main reason I switched to using the bottom USB port is because I have an Android Samsung S6 and the remote controller charges my phone while flying and almost makes it impossible for me to use all 4 of my batteries in one session because the remote controller loses battery power so fast and it takes hours to fully charge. So if it's working out for you, awesome, and then you always have the option to charge your remote while flying. Keep us updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake