DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi- end of mission – reverse?

56_kruiser

Reactions
I am assuming that in settings if you select reverse for end of mission it should just fly back the way it came. But what I'm finding is that it gets to the end and it just pauses there the mission is still running, I can't control the drone. I have to stop the mission in order to control it.

Am I mis-understanding what the reverse end of mission is? If in fact that is what it is supposed to do what am I missing?

I could not find anything by searching the forum. Couldn't even find the word 'reverse' in the user manual online.

I finally did a Google Search, and found it...in the Phantom forum.

So, it says you pull the right stick back and it goes back the way it comes. No other details: does the speed vary depending on how much you pull the stick back; if you stop pulling the stick back does it stop, does it return to the end of the mission...etc.

I will do some tests and figure it out from here. I'm surprised a mission would require manual intervention.

[EDIT]
Will this is interesting. I'm reviewing the online manual. And on the Waypoint page it does discuss reverse. I had done a ctrl-f and searched for reverse and didn't find it. But, must have goofed up some how.

It doesn't go into the detail I'd like and answer the questions above, but some testing will answer that.

Last edited:
A bit more info for anyone who stumbles onto this non-discussed thread and is curious:

I tried the throttle back to invoke the reverse. Here is what I experienced:

• Initial throttle back, it seemed no response
  • Finally it started reversing
  • Turns out you DO need to hold the throttle back or it will stop and go back to last waypoint
  • Holding it back all the way makes it go fast. But holding it back just some for slow reverse results in it pausing, and trying to go back to last way point.
So, reverse, as far as I'm concerned, is worthless. Can't get a controlled return. Better to just double your effort and make separate waypoints for entire mission.

Reactions: niki
A bit more info for anyone who stumbles onto this non-discussed thread and is curious:

I tried the throttle back to invoke the reverse. Here is what I experienced:

• Initial throttle back, it seemed no response
  • Finally it started reversing
  • Turns out you DO need to hold the throttle back or it will stop and go back to last waypoint
  • Holding it back all the way makes it go fast. But holding it back just some for slow reverse results in it pausing, and trying to go back to last way point.
So, reverse, as far as I'm concerned, is worthless. Can't get a controlled return. Better to just double your effort and make separate waypoints for entire mission.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I just found the same behavior while I was expecting automated REVERSE action for my mission.
I'm on the latest Litchi from Amazon.

I am assuming that in settings if you select reverse for end of mission it should just fly back the way it came. But what I'm finding is that it gets to the end and it just pauses there the mission is still running, I can't control the drone. I have to stop the mission in order to control it.

Am I mis-understanding what the reverse end of mission is? If in fact that is what it is supposed to do what am I missing?
After having 2 failed missions where the Mavic would not reverse, which I understood to be turn around and fly the waypoints back, I came across this thread. So if I understand this correctly, then holding throttle back will make the drone fly backwards through the waypoints again which is not the shot I’m going for. So in conclusion, I guess I’ll keep my original waypoints and then create more on the way back and edit the latitude and longitude to be in the same path and it should fly forward the same way it flew out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky