DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi for $15.99 !

Pilgrim Pilot

Reactions
Reactions: fuzzball
I just got it. I'm stoked! I'm in an airport, flying to Colorado, and my first time using it will be from a mountaintop.

Hi Rustedfrog

If you are a brand new pilot and you want to take advantage of a deal, then by all means get it :) , BUT DO NOT USE IT YET, ( my opinion ) Litchi is an advanced flying tool, and it requires a very good understanding of all the drones capabilities, otherwise you could fly straight it to a :- rock, tree, building or water etc etc.
Unless you are exceptional, autonomous flight requires a good deal of skill, mostly you need to know how to react if something goes wrong, and that reaction needs to be second nature.

But other than that I have had hours of enjoyment planning and flying Litchi and other pre-programmed missions.

Take Care
Waylander

Is litchi worth getting for a brand new pilot?
If you're going to be doing a lot of waypoint missions, then Litchi would be something to consider since it has extra features that aren't available in DJI GO. If you're never going to be flying waypoint missions, then DJI GO would probably meet all of your needs.

FYI, Litchi is normally $24. So, you'll only be out $9 if you wait and decide to buy it later.

Hi Rustedfrog

If you are a brand new pilot and you want to take advantage of a deal, then by all means get it :) , BUT DO NOT USE IT YET, ( my opinion ) Litchi is an advanced flying tool, and it requires a very good understanding of all the drones capabilities, otherwise you could fly straight it to a :- rock, tree, building or water etc etc.
Unless you are exceptional, autonomous flight requires a good deal of skill, mostly you need to know how to react if something goes wrong, and that reaction needs to be second nature.

But other than that I have had hours of enjoyment planning and flying Litchi and other pre-programmed missions.

Take Care
Waylander
That is more or less what I was thinking. I’m not actually a brand new pilot. I have 20-30 hours with a Yuneec Q500. But they might as well be brand new. I know my Mavic Air will be a while new animal. But waypoint missions is one of the things that interest me the most. I like to travel and I think using them for videoing some of the places I stay and visit will be cool. I also shoot pistol competition and have read that the Litchi follow me is more accurate and reliable than DJI’s. I will probably go ahead and get it. Thanks for the tips.

Reactions: Pilgrim Pilot
If your new drone is a Mavic Mini, Litchi is worthless - it does not work as we speak with the MM
It's a Mavic Air.

Litchi does more than just waypoints. You can build a Cardboard VR headset for your phone and fly your drone with your head motions, or use your head to control the gimbal. With DJI Go, you have to use the DJI goggles to access this, without extra effort.

Also, speaking of waypoints, Litchi makes waypoints a breeze, once you know the software.

I would echo what most everyone has said here -- learn your quadcopter to a level where you know what each button and knob are for on your controller, and learn DJI Go to the point where you know what every icon, every option, and everything else, *then* jump over to a more advanced software like Litchi. There are others out there, but Litchi is delivering a solid product at an easily affordable price.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Litchi does more than just waypoints. You can build a Cardboard VR headset for your phone and fly your drone with your head motions, or use your head to control the gimbal. With DJI Go, you have to use the DJI goggles to access this, without extra effort.

Also, speaking of waypoints, Litchi makes waypoints a breeze, once you know the software.

I would echo what most everyone has said here -- learn your quadcopter to a level where you know what each button and knob are for on your controller, and learn DJI Go to the point where you know what every icon, every option, and everything else, *then* jump over to a more advanced software like Litchi. There are others out there, but Litchi is delivering a solid product at an easily affordable price.
Will one of the $10 headsets from Walmart that you put your phone in work the same?

Happy Black Friday!

Litchi for $15.99 !

Thanks! Got it for my iPad Pro.

Reactions: Pilgrim Pilot
Yes. I found a $2 headset that works just fine .. it is more about the hardware and software on your phone.. most recent phones should be able to run Litchi and use all of its functions, I think. (because you put your phone inside the headset, and it had lenses and adjusters to show you the 3d view)

Will one of the $10 headsets from Walmart that you put your phone in work the same?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter