DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi for mavic air 2

After you’ve emailed Litchi support to sign up for beta, how long did it take to be accepted? My app still isn’t recognizing the MA2 at all

Unfortunate decision by the Product people. The lack of waypoints really makes me regret upgrading. The drone is great, but automated missions is my main usage. If it is a memory storage issue, allow me to choose what features I want installed. I have no use for half of silly stuff they build in.

Any updates so far guys?
I also bought the MA2 without realizing it's not yet supported by Litchi waypoints :(

Awesome.... they are getting close. Hopefully the beta testing goes well and it goes live early January.
January 26, 2021 and nothing yet... regrettably!!! I hear there might be a memory issue with the MA2. Hopefully not, but I just read something to that effect.

Reactions: MA2 317
OK so first DJI needs to release the sdk, and only after that can litchi begin the actual development on their end, and then beta testing etc? So even if dji releases it tomorrow we're still at least a few months off. Looks like the mavic mini sdk was released in July, and is in Beta as of October, so assuming similar development cycle it should be 3-6 months from whenever DJI releases the sdk, which is still TBD. ?
I wonder how the other apps that do support ma2 way points got it to work? Without the sdk!!

I thought it had been.
An SDK was released Dec 11, 2020 but it was apparently flawed and caused apps to crash. There is a Beta for Litchi out now that works for flying the drone but as of this post still no waypoints. I think other apps have gotten it to work but it seems to not be as clean of a process as some would like. I'm guessing Litchi is holding off on the Waypoints until a "Proper" SDK is provided. This is only my personal speculation on the subject. I have no hard evidence of any of that, just piecing together what others have said.

On another note, I can't wrap my head around how RTH is possible (flying to an established GPS point even when signal is lost) but manually entering waypoint into the drone are not.

Reactions: Tom25
An SDK was released Dec 11, 2020 but it was apparently flawed and caused apps to crash. There is a Beta for Litchi out now that works for flying the drone but as of this post still no waypoints. I think other apps have gotten it to work but it seems to not be as clean of a process as some would like. I'm guessing Litchi is holding off on the Waypoints until a "Proper" SDK is provided. This is only my personal speculation on the subject. I have no hard evidence of any of that, just piecing together what others have said.

On another note, I can't wrap my head around how RTH is possible (flying to an established GPS point even when signal is lost) but manually entering waypoint into the drone are not.
Thanks for the latest update. Can't wait for a flawless version to hit the market. But as you mentioned, the SDK is the difficulty I hear. I heard one theory the issue is the fly app takes up most of the drone's memory, leaving precious little space for the waypoint app. Not sure how they will work around that issue, if in fact that is accurate information.

I wonder how the other apps that do support ma2 way points got it to work? Without the sdk!!
Maven and DroneLink didn't release MA2 support until DJI released the SDK for it. The reason these two apps have waypoint missions and LItichi is still working on this is that Maven and DroneLink use "virtual sticks". With "virtual sticks" the app will send the commands to the aircraft as the waypoint mission is flown. Up until the Mini and MA2 Litchi would send all of the commands for the waypoint mission to the aircraft and then the aircraft carries out the mission autonomously without further assistance from the app. Now that the Mini and MA2 does not support this method, Litchi is now adding code to use "virtual sticks" to carry out waypoint missions. So for Litchi, adding waypoint mission support is more difficult than the other two apps.

The drawback with "virtual sticks" is that the aircraft and RC have to maintain communications with each other, loss of comm results in a failed mission. There is an example of this with DroneLink using a Mavic Pro.

Any news when the public version of the Litchi will come out for the MA2? As I don't want to miss Dronelink. Hopefully some time soon, like next week.

Maven and DroneLink didn't release MA2 support until DJI released the SDK for it. The reason these two apps have waypoint missions and LItichi is still working on this is that Maven and DroneLink use "virtual sticks". With "virtual sticks" the app will send the commands to the aircraft as the waypoint mission is flown. Up until the Mini and MA2 Litchi would send all of the commands for the waypoint mission to the aircraft and then the aircraft carries out the mission autonomously without further assistance from the app. Now that the Mini and MA2 does not support this method, Litchi is now adding code to use "virtual sticks" to carry out waypoint missions. So for Litchi, adding waypoint mission support is more difficult than the other two apps.

The drawback with "virtual sticks" is that the aircraft and RC have to maintain communications with each other, loss of comm results in a failed mission. There is an example of this with DroneLink using a Mavic Pro.

If thats the case Litchi should have their version of Waypoints using virtual sticks completed by now. Maven & DroneLink are using virtual sticks for Waypoint missions. I think Litchi has had more then enough time since their now going the same route as the other 2 mentioned. Don't understand the delay.

Any updates on Litchi waypoints coming for the MA2 any time soon? As it is the program I want to go with, when or if Litchi ever launches it.

Or alternatively, does the recently launched 2S offer true waypoints?

Tom

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure