DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi for Mavic Mini : FCC mode and NFZs

itismo

Reactions
Hello all,

Believe me I googled a lot before posting but I cannot find definite answer.

Will Litchi reset the FCC mode on the Mavic Mini? I have FCC model in CE country.

Also what does Litchi do about NFZ? If I do a self unlock from DJI and download it to Aircraft will Litchi know about it?

Edited: spelling mistake

When the app find a different wifi settings gives you an option to change it or cancel so if you touch the cancel button is not change the settings to CE

I can confirm it. I own a Mini CE model too. FCC hack is allowed at Litchi. You will be asked at flight start about region change. Answer CANCEL and you are ready to fly with FCC hack active. Very happy with Litchi

Screenshot_20200825-171039_Video Player.jpg

Also what does Litchi do about NFZ? If I do a self unlock from DJI and download it to Aircraft will Litchi know about it?
In terms of what you mean, yes.

Litchi doesn’t really care about NFZs though it’s the aircraft that handles that so if the aircraft is unlocked it will fly with Litchi. There’s nothing in Litchi that prevents or allows to you fly somewhere. If the aircraft will take off Litchi will allow it.

Reactions: raulmavic
I can confirm it. I own a Mini CE model too. FCC hack is allowed at Litchi. You will be asked at flight start about region change. Answer CANCEL and you are ready to fly with FCC hack active. Very happy with Litchi

View attachment 111556
This is the exact same screen I got (IIRC) the first time I connected to my brand new MM using DJI Fly. I live in a CE country.

-Was my MM set in FCC mode, and would I have been able to keep flying it in FCC mode if I had canceled it?

I know it sounds to easy, but have to ask..

Last edited:
Very helpful information on this topic [emoji106]
I’m really thinking about using litchi for my mini drone thank you so much for the advice

In terms of what you mean, yes.

Litchi doesn’t really care about NFZs though it’s the aircraft that handles that so if the aircraft is unlocked it will fly with Litchi. There’s nothing in Litchi that prevents or allows to you fly somewhere. If the aircraft will take off Litchi will allow it.
But i will have to export unlock license to the Mini using DJI Fly first then switch to Litchi?

This is the exact same screen I got (IIRC) the first time I connected to my brand new MM using DJI Fly. I live in a CE country.

-Was my MM set in FCC mode, and would I have been able to keep flying it in FCC mode if I had canceled it?

I know it sounds to easy, but have to ask..
At DJI Fly you can't press CANCEL as only OK allowed ? and FCC hack is gone.

Screenshot_20200826-100532_Video Player.jpg
(Spanish translation: Not compatible region network. Wait and reconect later. OK button)

You have to use Litchi in order to preserve FCC hack by pressing CANCEL at this window before takeof:

Screenshot_20200825-171039_Video Player.jpg

R.

Last edited:
Reactions: sw3De
So this FCC thing if I purchase Litchi will generally give my Mavic Mini better connection in the UK and reduce drop outs in signal etc?

Litchi is not essential for FCC Hack, but it makes hack much easier to use. Let me explain you:

If you fly using DJI Fly application you have to perform a complex takeoff sequence in order to retain FCC Hack: Takeoff only with controller then launch DJI Fly.

On the other hand, if you fly using Litchi you only have to answer CANCEL to 'Region Switch Message' box at takeoff in order to retain FCC Hack.

Best regards

R.

Litchi is not essential for FCC Hack, but it makes hack much easier to use. Let me explain you:

If you fly using DJI Fly application you have to perform a complex takeoff sequence in order to retain FCC Hack: Takeoff only with controller then launch DJI Fly.

On the other hand, if you fly using Litchi you only have to answer CANCEL to 'Region Switch Message' box at takeoff in order to retain FCC Hack.

Best regards

R.
Thanks for the reply.

Would you say the FCC hack would also help strengthen the link between the remote and the drone in the UK? Resulting in less signal losses?

Thanks for the reply.

Would you say the FCC hack would also help strengthen the link between the remote and the drone in the UK? Resulting in less signal losses?
FCC hack ramps up your transmitting power from 25 mW to 63 mW. That’s a considerable difference, that will strenghten the stability of your connection and even double your distance. Bear in mind that EU laws permit Tx of up to 25 mW, so the FCC hack is voilating the EU law. Then again, I don’t know which rules still apply as UK is no longer a part of the union.

Then again, I don’t know which rules still apply as UK is no longer a part of the union.

Although we've technically left, the UK is in a transition period until the end of the year so all EU rules still apply at least until then. The UK will then be adopting the new EU drone regulations which come into effect at the end of the year so as to harmonise them across Europe.

Reactions: jumpingbean
Pitäisikö tämä peruutusominaisuus toimia myös iOS-betaversiossa. Palaa CE-tilaan, jos en irrota johtoa ennen laskeutumista

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown