DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi how to add a new mission?

steelguy49

Reactions
Good morning, I have a Mavic2 Zoom and I’m fairly new to flying. I have the Litchi app and I’m really enjoying what I see it capable of. I flooded a mission with way points and points of interest and saved it to my file. The problem that I’m having is I can’t find any instructions on how to add a new mission. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks!

If you are using mission hub it is very simple. If you are not using the hub I would STRONGLY encourage you to Pre plan your flight with it on a computer or tablet. Assuming a WiFi connection There is a missions button in the lower left corner that opens a menu with “new open save…”. You can also edit and optimize any saved missions. I hope you have tried the integration of the mission hub and Google Earth to virtually fly your mission.

Thank you Doug!! I kind of stumbled through mission hub after saving the first mission and ---- wow!! And it showed on my other devices. Wow again! I know I'm at the low end of the learning curve, but taking the 2nd step was exciting. I bought my drone with the intentions of flying up unexplored rivers in Alaska that are filled with log jams to realize if they were worth searching for fly fishing opportunities. Litchi gave me the ability to plot waypoints and not depend on critically viewing just on my controller.

I already lost my drone 100' up in a tree for 2 months (previously posted here on MavicPilots) before it finally fell. Amazingly, after sitting up there in snow and rain storms, it flew again without any issues. Plotting a mission and my Mac in the comfort of my home is just what I wanted.

On a different subject, are there any controllers that are water resistant? I use my Iphone12 which is, but the screen is a bit small.
Thanks, Rob

I don’t have that info but there is a forum member who is also a vendor. His specialty is creating wet suits for Mavic drones to fly in the rain. He may also may have a solution for the controller issue. I’ll try to get a lead for you.
The mission hub’s ability to export way points to Google earth and then fly the mission is just want you want to explore if you haven’t. There is an excellent video in the hub user manual in the waypoints area which walks you through an example in Miami. Run through and it is a bit quick and confusing but I will be happy to help you grasp and use it. Call me at (530) 605-8013. Doug
The web site is phantomrain.org. The owner is a forum member and quite helpful.

On a different subject, are there any controllers that are water resistant? I use my Iphone12 which is, but the screen is a bit small.
Thanks, Rob

The iPhone isn't the controller, it's just the display device. The controller you got in the box is as water resistant as DJI states it is in the specs.

If you want a device that is as water resistant as your iphone, but you want larger, I would look at the iPad models, which ever size and functionality you need. I use an iPad Air 2 Wifi (no cellular). In the rare cases I have to use my phone (iPhone 12 Promax), it seems really small after using the iPad. If I were to get an iPad Air today, I would get the gen 3 or 4 model.

Chris

Good morning, I have a Mavic2 Zoom and I’m fairly new to flying. I have the Litchi app and I’m really enjoying what I see it capable of. I flooded a mission with way points and points of interest and saved it to my file. The problem that I’m having is I can’t find any instructions on how to add a new mission. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks!
Welcome steelguy (steelhead?) I got my zoom for the same reason, to search rivers for fly fishing. Good for us huh.
Curious as to what state you live in. I'm in San Fran Bay area.

Thanks for replies.

I made a mistake by not realizing the DJI controller is water resistant, thanks Not A for pointing that out. Truth is, and for my remote use in Alaska and how I get to any particular spot, carrying anything much larger than my phone wouldn't be convenient or practical, so I'll just stick with the phone. In fact, even transporting the drone is pushing what is practical.

Doug, I did purchase from forum Phantomrain both the floating jacket and scuba wet suit. Because of the "tree landing" and my drone falling 100' and striking a stone wall, the front cover needed to be replaced. I received that part Friday and now that it is on, I am going to apply the scuba suit. I played around with the flotation jacket Friday, landed on a pond a few times and it worked very nicely.

Thanks to all the forum members for lending help.

Am I correct in understanding that once a mission is plotted and saved, the controller "goes to neutral" and the drone flies the prescribed path will not the need connection to the controller?

I assume also any plotted path should be designed to be within the drone's battery time limits for the entire flight, from lift off to return to home. Phantomrain told me, please correct me if I am wrong, that the flotation Rescue Jacket for my Mavic 2 will compromise the flight time by approximately 6-7 minutes due to added resistance, or that's the way I understood it. Accordingly, a full charge which typically would allow for a 20 minute would be more like 13-14 minutes and require a shorter time mission.

Thanks, Rob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe