DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Manual and Training Vids

Chaosrider

Reactions
I just downloaded Litchi yesterday for my Mini-2s, and I'd like to review a manual for it, if one exists. Perhaps some good training videos too.

I *really* want to try waypoints. They would be perfect for my environment.

Suggestions?

Thx,

TCS

i use the website to design my flights, its actually very easy
That may end up being the best answer.

I just bought and installed Litchi, and I’m having trouble sorting out how to get started. Waypoints are the main reason I got Litchi.

I watched the Phantom Filmschool sample course, which was a great overview, but didn’t point to the specific questions that I have. Same with the User Guide.

I was able to link everything together without trouble, Litchi-RC-AC. I’m using Android.

I went to the waypoint section, but I’m stuck on a question about the homepoint.

I want to plan a mission that starts from the usual homepoint that I use, which is about 50 feet off of my back deck. When I opened the Waypoints section in the app, it showed the homepoint as my position at that time…which was in my recliner in my living room. Which is not where the mission is actually going to start! And it seems there’s no way to change that homepoint?

I think I’m missing something basic. From the point where I turn everything on…app, RC, AC…sitting in my recliner, what’s a step-by-step process for creating a simple Waypoint mission with a starting point, and 2 way points? Assume I’m very familiar with the drone and not at all with Litchi.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

TCS

When the mission starts it will normally fly to the first waypoint you have set. Also note that when you start a mission Litchi will ask what waypoint you want to use as the start point.

There are dozens of you tube videos that show how to setup waypoint missions. This is one such video

When the mission starts it will normally fly to the first waypoint you have set. Also note that when you start a mission Litchi will ask what waypoint you want to use as the start point.

There are dozens of you tube videos that show how to setup waypoint missions. This is one such video
That series was one of the better litchi tutorials. Thanks for sharing.
Regards

I'm just getting into Litchi myself and recently learned that if you want to add actions at a waypoint (like 'stay x sec' or 'rotate aircraft') the Path Mode in Settings has to be 'straight lines' rather than 'curved turns'. I, too, find the Mission Hub on the Litchi site quite user friendly.

Doh!

Brain cramp on my part. I had seen that user guide, but it didn't register in my brain as a manual. New terminology, I guess.

I'll go check out the vid.

Thx!

TCS

Do flights conducted using Litchi get added to the flight log you can access through DJI Fly?

Thx,

TCS

That's a GREAT tutorial video! I understand this a lot better than I did 15 minutes ago.

What I guess I'm still foggy about is the sequence of events at start-up. Suppose I create a mission that sets the first waypoint 50 ft off my back deck, at an elevation of 10 ft. I'm trying to fill in the gaps here:

1) Fire up AC, RC, and Litchi
2) Load the saved mission

WHAT NEXT? Do I:

3A) Tell Litchi which waypoint to use to start, or
3B) Hit the auto launch

?

4) Once I hit the auto-launch, what will it do? Jump up to it's normal 3 ft and hover, or immediately start the mission, moving to the first WP?

I'm trying to get a handle on what happens, in specific steps, between full cold (AC, RC, and Litchi off), and mission-in-progress. I haven't been able to find anything that specifically addresses that part of the process.

Thanks!

TCS

Here is what I do. I am not saying that everyone does it this way, just what I have become used to doing.

Once everything is running (RC AC Litchi) in FPV I will use the auto launch button to take off.
Make sure I have Sats and the compass heading looks correct.
I'll then fly out (if needed) to make sure there are no obstructions above or in line to my first waypoint.
Once everything looks clear I'll switch to Waypoint mode, load the mission and hit the start button.
It will ask which waypoint to start at (1 is normally selected).
Hit OK and the drone will go to and start the mission at the waypoint you picked

Just note that the drone will first fly up to the altitude of the first waypoint you pick before it goes to that waypoint.

Here is what I do. I am not saying that everyone does it this way, just what I have become used to doing.

Once everything is running (RC AC Litchi) in FPV I will use the auto launch button to take off.
Make sure I have Sats and the compass heading looks correct.
I'll then fly out (if needed) to make sure there are no obstructions above or in line to my first waypoint.
Once everything looks clear I'll switch to Waypoint mode, load the mission and hit the start button.
It will ask which waypoint to start at (1 is normally selected).
Hit OK and the drone will go to and start the mission at the waypoint you picked

Just note that the drone will first fly up to the altitude of the first waypoint you pick before it goes to that waypoint.
Very helpful, thanks. I'm starting to see how this works.

So I assume you create the mission on the hub, save it with some name, and then "load the mission" via a live internet connection? Or can the mission be loaded in advance?

Thx,

TCS

So I assume you create the mission on the hub, save it with some name, and then "load the mission" via a live internet connection? Or can the mission be loaded in advance?

Thx,

TCS
Yes, missions are saved with a name. Load the mission into the app while you have an internet connection. You will then have access to that mission even if you do not have an internet connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme