DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission refusing to look at my POI

Manfrenjensen

Reactions
I'm about to lose my mind.
For practice, I create Litchi missions at my house. Specifically, I'm trying to have it start focused on a POI, then fly up and backwards, keeping the camera focused on the POI the whole time.
I tell the first 2 waypoints to stay focused on POI 1, then at the 3rd (final) waypoint, it is to turn and focus on a new POI.
This works great.... at my house.

When I go to the real objective, just up the street, and attempt the same thing, the mavic immediately turns in the opposite direction of the POI and starts flying the way points (but with the camera pointed in the wrong direction).
I have checked, and check and re-checked that my way points are instructed to stay focused on the POI. The heading, in degrees, looks right and even the arrows on the Litchi map are pointed the right direction.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm at a loss. Now I'm charging my batteries and thawing my hands.. then I'll go out and try again. But in the meantime, I wonder if this has happened to someone before and might be able to bestow some wisdom upon me?

Thanks

My only guess is to make sure that when you load the mission check the mission settings to make sure that "Heading Mode" is set to "Waypoint Defined". I have had that change back to "Toward Next Waypoint" seemingly on its own. Have also had Litchi just ignore the gimbal controls for no apparent reason but the next mission they work fine. Go Figure.

Reactions: Manfrenjensen
Thank you for the suggestion. That sounds like a very good thing to check, however I'm not seeing that setting anywhere. I'm currently using the web browser interface. Maybe it's only available in the app? ... or I'm blind.

Yes, it is only in the app and not in the mission hub. That is why you need to check it in the app when you load the mission to actually fly it.

Reactions: Manfrenjensen
Yep, that was it. So glad you were here to save the day. I was pulling my hair out.
Just ran into this as well, what is strange is I had a Phantom 4 and this mission work fine, but once I got a mavic and loaded the mission, the waypoints pointed to the next waypoint instead of the POI.
I use an IOS device, and under the mission settings in the app there is no "Waypoint Defined " option under the Heading settings..
There is only 'Auto', 'Initial', Manual, Custom.. Just changing it to anything but Auto corrects the mission so that the mavic points to the POI assigned at each waypoint.

Just ran into this as well, what is strange is I had a Phantom 4 and this mission work fine, but once I got a mavic and loaded the mission, the waypoints pointed to the next waypoint instead of the POI.
I use an IOS device, and under the mission settings in the app there is no "Waypoint Defined " option under the Heading settings..
There is only 'Auto', 'Initial', Manual, Custom.. Just changing it to anything but Auto corrects the mission so that the mavic points to the POI assigned at each waypoint.

Interesting. I'm on Android, so I guess that probably explains the difference. Glad you're able to get it working though. Hopefully that get this cleaned up in a future update.

Interesting. I'm on Android, so I guess that probably explains the difference. Glad you're able to get it working though. Hopefully that get this cleaned up in a future update.
I just read the manual ( yea I am one of those.. only after I see an issue) .. it states it clearly Auto in IOS will point to the next waypoint.. , manual says to set it to custom to have the POI of the waypoints determine direction of AC.

Something I just realized.... I had created all my previous missions from the Litchi portal online. This one where I had the problem was the first one I had created in the app. I bet, when creating missions in the portal, the heading defaults to "waypoint defined" (where you don't even have a choice to change it if you wanted), and the app it defaults to 'next waypoint'. That would explain the behavior I saw.

Reactions: znuttyone
Something I just realized.... I had created all my previous missions from the Litchi portal online. This one where I had the problem was the first one I had created in the app. I bet, when creating missions in the portal, the heading defaults to "waypoint defined" (where you don't even have a choice to change it if you wanted), and the app it defaults to 'next waypoint'. That would explain the behavior I saw.

Could be.. need to test that.. a bit buggy if you ask me.. I should be able to load the same mission in a P4 or Mavic and it should behave the same. Although I do live Litchi waypoint missions!

I believe that is correct based on my limited experience so far. I really wish the mission hub and app had the same mission settings. Take away for me is to review every mission in the app before launching.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31