DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Mission - Waypoint speed oddity & questions...

CynicalZombie

Reactions
I've been using Litchi since last Fall. I've run a couple dozen missions without issue. Recently I started playing with adjusting speed at waypoints. Previously all of my missions were set at cruising speed.

Here's what's happening....

Mavic Pro starts at Waypoint 1, gets up to cruising speed (20mph) and heads to waypoint 2.
At waypoint 2 it slows down to like 4 mph and then speeds up to the cruising speed again. (Note: There WAS a custom speed set to Waypoint 2 when I created the mission at the mission hub but I deleted the speed change before the mission was saved and run.)

Then my Mavic Pro proceeds to waypoint 3-10 without issue and when it hits waypoint 11 it slows down from the cruising speed of 20 mph to about 5mph and then speeds up to 33mph (the only waypoint in this mission with a custom speed)

The 1st question is: Why is the Mavic slowing down for Waypoint 2? There is no speed change and it's set to cruising speed.

Question 2: If it's at cruising speed from waypoint 10, why does it slow down before it speeds up at Waypoint 11?

Are you touching the joysticks during the mission? User inputs during flight can override the speed settings. Also, are your waypoints always within range of the controller signal and is the signal uninterrupted? If the signal is lost during the mission (even briefly), the aircraft will continue the mission at the speed it was travelling at when it lost signal.

My guess is there is still something in settings that is causing it.

Try a ‘new’ mission with fewer wps eg 3 or 5 and minimal other changes and see if it’s ok, then build up to the same mission that’s giving the odd results and see if the error comes back?

Are you touching the joysticks during the mission? User inputs during flight can override the speed settings. Also, are your waypoints always within range of the controller signal and is the signal uninterrupted? If the signal is lost during the mission (even briefly), the aircraft will continue the mission at the speed it was travelling at when it lost signal.

I'm not touching the joysticks. Yes, all waypoints are in range of the controller.

My guess is there is still something in settings that is causing it.

Try a ‘new’ mission with fewer wps eg 3 or 5 and minimal other changes and see if it’s ok, then build up to the same mission that’s giving the odd results and see if the error comes back?
That's what I'm going to try. I'll try a newly created mission with no speed changes. I also copied the mission I had issues with and deleted and replaced Waypoint 2 & 11 to see if that makes any difference. As soon as I get cooperative weather, I will try it again.

Thanks for your input.

Reactions: ICHOTT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR