DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi not working with Air 2

I'm not picking this apart but can you point me to the law, that states you personally must have the ability to take control of autonomous flight or your flying "illegal"? I would like to site the reference to others. The FAA states rules/guidelines, but I find no citation to a law, thus not technically illegal to break a "rule" IMHO? The FAA rules are quite a bit subjective in my view and could be very speculative...much gray area to me. Much the same as flying BLOS...what law prohibits this function for recreational flyers? I would say it must be a federal statute obviously?

I agree that the FAA guidelines are vague and incomplete, but the FAA has the authority to specify what they want ... as a government agency they can make enforceable rules without there being a specific law to support them. That being said, here's the link to the actual law:

It says the operator must control the drone within certain boundaries. It doesn't say that it's OK for a computer to do so on its own, and you can bet that the FAA wouldn't see it that way. It also clearly states that the drone must be within visual line of sight.

That's the best I can do . ;)

Reactions: Thomas B
Contrary to your post above, the "Help" page on Litchi's web site does NOT list the Mavic Air 2 as being compatible. It shows the Mavic Air, but not the Air 2 ... they are different animals. How many posts have you seen that say anyone has successfully been using Litichi with the Mavic Air 2? I haven't seen a single one and I've been closely monitoring this topic since December.
I've got same problem. Doesn't seem to work with the Air 2.

I have the similar problem. (1) Downloaded Litchi (paid sub) for IOS - wouldn't work work with MA2, (latest version states compatible with MA2) and with IOS there appears to be no way to remove the app from default. (2) Again purchased Litchi Android, deleted all (including DJI app) unnecessary apps. WiFi / internet on, logged into Litchi account without a problem. Went through the connection procedure for Litchi as described. Tried several times; receiving telemetry Ok, however, message'Disconnected'. Will not show camera view. Any ideas?

Les
I've got the same problem. Won't work with my Air 2.

Last edited:
Assuming that you have done so yourself, what can you say about how well it works? Is it stable?

I've used it for several months and it seems to work fine. The only missing feature was Waypoints support with the Mavic Air 2 and Litchi finally released an update to the beta that added that feature too. I tested it earlier today and it seems to function correctly as well.

I've used it for several months and it seems to work fine. The only missing feature was Waypoints support with the Mavic Air 2 and Litchi finally released an update to the beta that added that feature too. I tested it earlier today and it seems to function correctly as well.
That's great to hear. Have you tried the VR mode at all with the Mavic Air 2?

I played with the VR mode indoors but haven't tried flying for real with it on the Mavic Air 2. I did use it with my original Mavic Air and it worked well there though.
ok. By any chance did you happen to notice if the head movements with VR mode with the Mavic Air 2 allowed you to control the gimbal in both the vertical axis and the horizontal axis (as in, up-and-down as well as left-and-right?) As you know, with the original Mavic Air the gimbal only goes up and down. So... just wanted to hear first-hand if with the Air 2 and litchi and the VR mode, if indeed the VR mode can position the gimbal along both axes.

ok. By any chance did you happen to notice if the head movements with VR mode with the Mavic Air 2 allowed you to control the gimbal in both the vertical axis and the horizontal axis (as in, up-and-down as well as left-and-right?) As you know, with the original Mavic Air the gimbal only goes up and down. So... just wanted to hear first-hand if with the Air 2 and litchi and the VR mode, if indeed the VR mode can position the gimbal along both axes.
Yes, Litchi will pan the gimbal left and right on the Air 2 when you move your head in VR mode.

Trying to get Litchi to work with my Air 2 but the camera view does not seem to want to work. I get telemetry and such but the app still says disconnected at the top. Disassociated DJI Fly app, force stopped DJI Fly but everything I try does not seem to work. Any thoughts?

Using a Galaxy Note 10+.
Hello I also am having the same problem with my new DJI mavic Air 2 that I purchased 2 weeks ago the litchy app does not seem to want to connect...

Hello I also am having the same problem with my new DJI mavic Air 2 that I purchased 2 weeks ago the litchy app does not seem to want to connect...

Download Litchi beta. The instructions are at the bottom of Litchi's website.

Download Litchi beta. The instructions are at the bottom of Litchi's website.

I assume that you have been trying the Litchi beta. Can you verify whether or not it uses virtual stick control with the MA2? I'm still under the impression that fully autonomous flights are not possible with the MA2 due to the limits of the drone itself.

I assume that you have been trying the Litchi beta. Can you verify whether or not it uses virtual stick control with the MA2? I'm still under the impression that fully autonomous flights are not possible with the MA2 due to the limits of the drone itself.
Yes it uses virtual sticks now. This is the only way we will ever be able to fly missions with the Mavic Air 2 unless DJI miraculously decides to add true waypoint ability to their SDK.

Yes it uses virtual sticks now. This is the only way we will ever be able to fly missions with the Mavic Air 2 unless DJI miraculously decides to add true waypoint ability to their SDK.

Well, as I've mentioned before I doubt that DJI will ever do that.. I previously saw a post here on these forums that quoted a reply from DJI implying that the drone itself can't store waypoints. Not sure if that's due to hardware (memory) or software, but the post said that DJI had decided not to pursue it. I also suspect that this is a conscious decision by DJI to restrict autonomous mission capability to their enterprise series of drone in order to pacify various governments who already rule against flights where the operator cannot maintain direct control of the drone. Does anyone know of a recent consumer-grade DJI drone that DOES have autonomous capability? I'm not aware of one.

Well, as I've mentioned before I doubt that DJI will ever do that.. I previously saw a post here on these forums that quoted a reply from DJI implying that the drone itself can't store waypoints. Not sure if that's due to hardware (memory) or software, but the post said that DJI had decided not to pursue it. I also suspect that this is a conscious decision by DJI to restrict autonomous mission capability to their enterprise series of drone in order to pacify various governments who already rule against flights where the operator cannot maintain direct control of the drone. Does anyone know of a recent consumer-grade DJI drone that DOES have autonomous capability? I'm not aware of one.
I think the Mavic 2 series was the last to feature that ability, and before that the original Mavic Air.

I bought the Litchi program as the advertisement said it would support my Mavic Air 2 drone. It refuses to connect to my drone and the messages here seem to indicate it is not going to do that. What a disappointment! Not a lot of money involved, but the principal of it is well under my skin, after spending hours working on preparing to do my first flight with it, then another 2 hours fighting to get it to connect! I AM NOT impressed folks. Someone wake me up if they ever support the drone they sold it to me for.

I bought the Litchi program as the advertisement said it would support my Mavic Air 2 drone. It refuses to connect to my drone and the messages here seem to indicate it is not going to do that. What a disappointment! Not a lot of money involved, but the principal of it is well under my skin, after spending hours working on preparing to do my first flight with it, then another 2 hours fighting to get it to connect! I AM NOT impressed folks. Someone wake me up if they ever support the drone they sold it to me for.
You just need to enroll in the Litchi Beta, which fully supports the Mavic Air 2:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore