DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi, obstacle avoidance, no connection

Ikeman

Reactions
This topic has prob been asked before, but i can't find it......
When flying a long Litchi mission, and it is so far you lose the connection, and whether it be the sun or whatever.....the obstacle avoidance kicks in (although you don't know it because you have lost the connection) What happens to the Mavic Pro? Dead in the water until the battery runs out? This kinda happened to me although i still had a connection. It was flying the mission and at it's furthest point Obstacle pops up and it stops......as i said luckily for me i still had a connection. But when i Stopped the mission and hit RTH it still sat there with the obstacle alarm sounding so i turned and backtracked a little until i could fly it safely home. My fear is that i will be on a Litchi Mission and this will happen again only it will be too far away for a connection and i will never know it......For the record i was well above the trees with no structures anywhere....

So would it be better to turn off obstacle avoidance before starting a Litchi mission? I've had my drone stop in flight because the OAS caught the sun.

From reading similar questions it sure sounds like the way to go......just have to fly high enough to stay out of trouble.....i just read so many post about trusting Litchi to go so far it disconnects and it will safely return to home. I don't think that would have happened to me today cause it just hovered there and wasn't moving even when i stopped the mission and hit the RTH

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure