DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi on IPAD 2 running IOS 9.3.5

Zonian

Reactions
Greetings.

I have been running Litchi on my Galaxy S7 Edge for over a year and I think it is great!!

I was recently gifted an older IPAD Model A1395 which I was planning to use for my Mavic Pro...

When I tried to buy Litchi for this device, it says " Unable to Purchase Litchi for DJI Drones is not compatible with this IPAD"

I thought that I read somewhere on this forum that Litchi is only dependent on IOS version, not specific devices...true??

How can I get a version to "try" ??

Thanks,

Paul

Greetings.

I have been running Litchi on my Galaxy S7 Edge for over a year and I think it is great!!

I was recently gifted an older IPAD Model A1395 which I was planning to use for my Mavic Pro...

When I tried to buy Litchi for this device, it says " Unable to Purchase Litchi for DJI Drones is not compatible with this IPAD"

I thought that I read somewhere on this forum that Litchi is only dependent on IOS version, not specific devices...true??

How can I get a version to "try" ??

Thanks,

Paul
The compatibility list on the apps site does include the iPad 2, as long as you’ve got version 9.0 or later. They only free version that they offer supports the Phantom 2, but it is only offered for android devices only. The Litchi app that you’ve purchased does work with both operating systems, but must be purchased again for use with your iPad 2.

I hope this helps and does not create more confusion.

I hope this answers your questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: EyesWideShut
Thanks Tony. As the subject indicates, I am using IOS 9.3.5 so I figured here would be no problem.

However, When I tried to purchase Litchi on the APP STORE using the Ipad, it would not let me purchase and I got a message that said "Litchi for DJI Drones is not compatible with this IPAD"

Is there a way around this?
Can I get it onto this device some other way?

Paul

The iPad 2 is on the Litchi compatibility list. The iPad 2 is not on the DJI list of supported devices. I am aware that you cannot use Litchi without the DJI app, but that still does not change these two fundamental facts.

All clear?

The iPad 2 is on the Litchi compatibility list. The iPad 2 is not on the DJI list of supported devices. I am aware that you cannot use Litchi without the DJI app, but that still does not change these two fundamental facts.

All clear?
I do not see "iPad 2" on the Litchi compatibility list

Even after posting the attachment I was still prepared to continue a full throated argument. I neglected to see the difference between the words ‘air’ and ‘mini’ while reading the list. I was clearly wrong in my assertion, and am currently cleaning egg off of my face.

My apologies to the OP if I confused him or anyone else following the thread, it was certainly not my intent.

Reactions: Yogi053
Even after posting the attachment I was still prepared to continue a full throated argument. I neglected to see the difference between the words ‘air’ and ‘mini’ while reading the list. I was clearly wrong in my assertion, and am currently cleaning egg off of my face.

My apologies to the OP if I confused him or anyone else following the thread, it was certainly not my intent.
No worries Tony...I'm just disappointed that I can't use my device. Oh well, back to my tiny S7Edge !!!!

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22