DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi on Smart Controller Problems, voice, & camera/record buttons (solved)

KB9Radio

Reactions
My bird by the way is a Mavic 2 Zoom (M2Z)

I Purchased Litchi through the Amazon app on the Smart Controller. After downloading and installing it everything worked fine with a few exceptions:

One exception was the voice (speech), which was pretty much not understandable. On Litchi's site at , there is a reference to this problem along with a link to download Google Text to Voice program, to correct the problem. I went to Litchi's site on the Smart Controllers web browser, and downloaded the file using the link on their site. After installing the file, the voices do sound very good indeed and it solved the problem completely.
Another problem was the photo/record buttons on the Smart Controller don’t work to take pictures and start the video recording. You could use the on-screen buttons to take photos or start recording, but the buttons built into the Smart Controller wouldn't work. After much research and contacting Litchi try to figure out the issue, this was what I found. In the Smart Controller settings under DJI Labs. There is one setting in there that is all Chinese writing (second from the bottom), which needs to be enabled. The one right above it (camera lock), also needs to be turned off. With these in this position, both the photo and record buttons on the Smart Controller work fine.

Not really a problem but something I noticed, is that you need to remove the SD card on the aircraft to retrieve the photos. The Go Share feature does not work with Litchi, and you need to view and copy the pictures and videos directly on the SD card out of the drone.

The program works very well and I am able to plan missions ahead on the desktop computer, save them online, and then recall/load them on the Smart Controller at later time, whenever I wish. It is truly an incredible feature for sure.

I just wanted to post this in case anyone is having these issues with their Litchi program on the Smart Controller, maybe it will help.

I Purchased Litchi through the Amazon app on the Smart Controller. After downloading and installing it everything worked fine with a few exceptions:

One exception was the voice (speech), which was pretty much not understandable. On Litchi's site at , there is a reference to this problem along with a link to download Google Text to Voice program, to correct the problem. I went to Litchi's site on the Smart Controllers web browser, and downloaded the file using the link on their site. After installing the file, the voices do sound very good indeed and it solved the problem completely.
Another problem was the photo/record buttons on the Smart Controller don’t work to take pictures and start the video recording. You could use the on-screen buttons to take photos or start recording, but the buttons built into the Smart Controller wouldn't work. After much research and contacting Litchi try to figure out the issue, this was what I found. In the Smart Controller settings under DJI Labs. There is one setting in there that is all Chinese writing (second from the bottom), which needs to be enabled. The one right above it (camera lock), also needs to be turned off. With these in this position, both the photo and record buttons on the Smart Controller work fine.

Not really a problem but something I noticed, is that you need to remove the SD card on the aircraft to retrieve the photos. The Go Share feature does not work with Litchi, and you need to view and copy the pictures and videos directly on the SD card out of the drone.

The program works very well and I am able to plan missions ahead on the desktop computer, save them online, and then recall/load them on the Smart Controller at later time, whenever I wish. It is truly an incredible feature for sure.

I just wanted to post this in case anyone is having these issues with their Litchi program on the Smart Controller, maybe it will help.​
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Reactions: pelagic_one

Thank You! Had the same issue. But failed to read! I realize after playing with RC for as long as I have, most of which now is intuitive. This was a good reminder to stick with the basic's, regardless of what you think you know, read all the instructions before first use! LOL! I would have never fixed this issue if I had not read your thread.

Thanks again,

Happy and safe flying!

Reactions: BamaBomber

I just wanted to post this in case anyone is having these issues with their Litchi program on the Smart Controller, maybe it will help.​
Thank you. Just what I required!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus