DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or Dji go4?

For what?

Both let you fly the drone

But litchi does way more stuff that just flying it

So the way you asked your question doesn’t make it clear what your after. If you want a meaningful response from people you should consider asking differently.

Reactions: Newt
I'm a noob and apologize for the vague question. I have only used go4. I have read a few threads where pilots have mentioned litchi. I'm just looking to get the most out of my pro and capture the best shots. I was just hoping to get some insight why 1 is better than the other

Reactions: DamDoc and WAXMAN
I can give you some advice then

First off if your just flying and recording video or taking pictures DJI go is fine for that. Some people complain it crashes and doesn’t have some smart modes they like but it works well for a vast majority of people

If your on IOS your experience tends to be better. But most android users seem to do okay but with the large number of different android devices it’s easy to see why some may not work as well

So the answer your question about litchi it’s primary use is very different to what DJI go does. So that alone does not make one better than the other. While litchi can fly the drone just like DJI go can most people do not use it for that. Many make the argument that if something were to happen when flying with litchi that the logs DJI keeps will show it and they may decide to not offer you warranty coverage. So there is a level of fear uncertainty and doubt that comes with using litchi.

I tend to not be too worried myself and I fly 10k of inspire 2 using litchi but some people will express concern

I recommend that you use YouTube and search for the term litchi and it will give you tons of videos on what litchi does. Like automatic way point flights which DJI version is a serious joke.

I trust this is enough to get you started and maybe others will add to your knowledge on this matter.

If you are the noob you say you are, first become un-noobed before taking it to the next level.

Here is a link to a decent video to answer more of your question

There is lots more there this should get you started and suggested videos should come up with more on the same topic.

If you are the noob you say you are, first become un-noobed before taking it to the next level.

Lake_Flyer makes a very point that I over looked.

My advice is to not touch litchi until you are very comfortable using DJI go. So many basic things can go wrong that are preventable if you have your basics down cold.

Do lots of research and watch lots of videos. There is tons of stuff out there. Don’t dive into litchi if your skills are as basic as you claim. Do lots of research first. And honestly watching all the YouTube videos you can is a good start.

Hopefully you take the advice as a positive thing. Put I the time with the manuals and as many you tube videos were people do reviews and complain about things on your model of drone and you will stumble on details that you need to know at the same time.

Reactions: WAXMAN and Newt

I have used Litchi almost since Day 1. I rarely use DJI Go4. Some of my flights there are homes and hills that block the signal, you can set up Litchi with a mission, signal lost, the mission completes itself, there are settings for lost signal to RTH or Land in place (when flying without a mission). The first time I flew a mission and lost signal, I got nervous then, it re-established connection, video feed was back, and the mission continued. I have never had any issues with Litchi, with DJI Go4, get frozen video feeds, all sorts of problems, so go with Litchi, it's not that expensive.

Agree with others here. Use DJI Go 4 to learn about flying, features and gain a good understanding of the AC first then graduate to Litchi for waypoint missions. I read, re-read everything I could get my hands on and the pause button on the RC should be your best friend when practicing.

I like both, they each have there strengths and weaknesses, but I do use DJI Go 4 more it seems.

For what?

Both let you fly the drone

But litchi does way more stuff that just flying it

So the way you asked your question doesn’t make it clear what your after. If you want a meaningful response from people you should consider asking differently.

Ummm, for what ??

Sounds like you need to open up your mind a bit.

Reactions: Samson 811970
I started having big issues with Go4. App crashes, horrible video and stills but it was only on my S7 but not on the downloaded videos and pix. Bought Litchi and viewed many Utube videos....extremely helpful and loving Litchi.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb