DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi: Orbit and Waypoints are coming for the Mini

But, oddly, these functions are OS-dependent. Follow me is only available for Android. If Dronelink can implement both of these for iOS as well, they could corner the market.
As an Android user, didn't know that. That's bizzare. Is the app access to high frequency GPS positioning that locked-down on iOS?

But, oddly, these functions are OS-dependent. Follow me is only available for Android. If Dronelink can implement both of these for iOS as well, they could corner the market.

Coming.... Most likely October...

To end speculation, I contacted Litchi about waypoints for the Mavic Mini. Here is their response:

Hi,

Orbit and Waypoints modes are not supported currently but we will add this feature in a future updates.
Kind Regards,
Litchi
I wrote to Litchi and they responded that they are waiting for Updated SDK from DJI.
I wrote to DJI inquiring and have received no reply.

Reactions: LifesShort
Is the app access to high frequency GPS positioning that locked-down on iOS?

Magic Leash for Litchi is available for iOS so I suspect the GPS data rate is not the issue.

Coming.... Most likely October...

Great news. This will mean that it provides all the functions I need.

I wrote to Litchi and they responded that they are waiting for Updated SDK from DJI.

I’m curious what needs updating as the current SDK seems to work without issues for waypoint missions with Dronelink. Unless they’re waiting for the SDK which also includes the MA2, of course.

I have the beta version for litchi I do known you can use the pano for tiny planets and it's amazing. Next time I get a chance will look more.

This has been discussed in other threads, but to clarify a few things quickly:

1) In addition to Red Waypoint, Dronelink (www.dronelink.com) supports waypoints, Orbit, and many other functions. Dronelink also has an IOS version (RWP is only Android) as well as a web planning version. Both of these tools use "Virtual Joystick" within the DJI SDK to fly this missions.

@itsneedtokno - if your friend needs those features now, I'd check out those two solutions.

2) For Litchi to support waypoints like this, DJI would either need to update their SDK (probably not terribly likely) or LItchi would need to shift to a virtual joystick implementation. While possible, it's unlikely and would also require (like DL and RWP) for the drone to be connected to the controller to fly the mission.

I love Dronelink. I only wish there was a bit more of the "ready made" solutions for those that don't like (or have time) to tinker with parmeters etc. Also - I had some issues when app stopped responding on my Android, nothing scary when you know how to handle, but can be challenging for new users.

To end speculation, I contacted Litchi about waypoints for the Mavic Mini. Here is their response:

Hi,

Orbit and Waypoints modes are not supported currently but we will add this feature in a future updates.
Kind Regards,
Litchi
"a future updates"

Grammar cop sez, "Yeah, right".

I love Dronelink. I only wish there was a bit more of the "ready made" solutions for those that don't like (or have time) to tinker with parmeters etc. Also - I had some issues when app stopped responding on my Android, nothing scary when you know how to handle, but can be challenging for new users.
Well they have the section for “on the fly “ stuff that is done in the feild and Doesnt need to be planenes as a mission

Well they have the section for “on the fly “ stuff that is done in the feild and Doesnt need to be planenes as a mission
I actually haven't flown it for a while - looking at it now, I see there is more, but it now also requires subscription (to the point that I now cannot change the missions I created, although I can access and probably fly). So now I'm in two minds if I should get the "basic" or the "premium" package.

I actually haven't flown it for a while - looking at it now, I see there is more, but it now also requires subscription (to the point that I now cannot change the missions I created, although I can access and probably fly). So now I'm in two minds if I should get the "basic" or the "premium" package.

If you had the old Hobbyist Dronelink package, you should automatically be upgraded to Elite (without email support): What features are included in the legacy Hobbyist plan?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki