DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

litchi question

I know from my own experience that you do not need go 4 installed for litchi to work. I used it on my ios device for some time with no go 4 installed. Now for the question regarding a LAANC geo authorization. Since litchi does not have the unlock feature within the app you will need to unlock via go 4 first. I would assume you are authorizing the AC's serial number for that geo zone. Now you can close go 4 and use litchi in your unlocked LAANC geo zone.

Litchi replied:

Hi,
To unlock a NFZ, do it in DJI Go, then if you switch to Litchi you can fly.
Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

Reactions: Meta4
What do you mean, you can't download DJI Go4?
It sounds extremely unlikely.
Are you trying to use a phone that isn't going to be able to run DJI Go4?

If you have a new drone you will have to use DJI Go 4 to activate the drone before you can fly it.

If you're using iPad you have to use a iPad Mini 4 or later; DJI will not load on earlier models. However Litchi will load and function.

You do not need Go4 on device to run Litchi. Infact on Samsung devices you cannot have 2 or more dji apps on the device at the same time and for Litchi to run properly you must uninstall Go4 or totally disable it or Litchi won't run and vice versa. Same goes for any other app that is used for Mavics that use same SDK. It's a Samsung thing but goes to show that Go4 is not needed at when running / using litchi.

Not true. I have two Samsung devices (Galaxy Tab S2 tablet model T819 and an S8+ smartphone). I have DJI GO 4 and Litch installed on both devices. As already said by Meta4, the preferred practice is to clear the defaults so that neither app is started as a default app when the remote controller is detected. However, this is not absolutely necessary. It sometimes happens (for me) that Litchi is accedentially set as the default and is started automatically. If that happens and I want to run DJI GO 4, I simply close Litchi and run DJI GO 4 manually.

Reactions: Meta4
Hi

You must have Go4 to be installed
Litchi requires Go4 to be installed on your device
If you can not install Go4 please check
If your iPhone or IPad is compatible with program
Go4 can not be installed on some old Apple devices

Litchi does NOT require DJI Go to be installed at all. Litchi is a Stand Alone flight controller and if the aircraft is already registered there's no need for anything with DJI Go in a general sense. I think it's a good idea to always have DJI Go installed because of settings and calibrations that should be done occasionally but for just flying Litchi does not need DJI Go installed.

If it's a new aircraft (never been registered with DJI) then you'll need DJI Go in order to do that initial registration. After that you can use Litchi solely.

You could use a phone with DJI Go installed to initially get the aircraft set up and registered. Then switch to a device without DJI Go and fly with Litchi from that point on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn