DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

litchi question

Bigbird48

Reactions
Since I can't download DJIGO4 can I download litchi and use it as a standalone software? What if it won't download after I paid for it?

Since I can't download DJIGO4 can I download litchi and use it as a standalone software?...
You might still have a problem. Litchi uses some of the settings from Go 4 (or, at least they used to).
... What if it won't download after I paid for it?
I don't know if it has changed, but when I installed Litchi about a year ago there was a time limit where you could uninstall and get your money back if it did not work for you.

yes I saw that when looking at their website. I just now downloaded an app that suppose to fix my phone and the code error we will see. have been at this all day trying different fixes to get dji go working again

I've got a tablet that doesn't have DJI Go4 on it and I use Litchi with no problem but it's an older version (2 years ago). It's worth a try.

Since I can't download DJIGO4 can I download litchi and use it as a standalone software? What if it won't download after I paid for it?
What do you mean, you can't download DJI Go4?
It sounds extremely unlikely.
Are you trying to use a phone that isn't going to be able to run DJI Go4?

If you have a new drone you will have to use DJI Go 4 to activate the drone before you can fly it.

Reactions: BigAl07
If you are using ios contact litchi as you nay be granted access to a free litchi download if you ask nicely. You will have to share flight data and give feedback...Don't tell anyone else....

You might still have a problem. Litchi uses some of the settings from Go 4 (or, at least they used to).

I don't know if it has changed, but when I installed Litchi about a year ago there was a time limit where you could uninstall and get your money back if it did not work for you.

Hi

You must have Go4 to be installed
Litchi requires Go4 to be installed on your device
If you can not install Go4 please check
If your iPhone or IPad is compatible with program
Go4 can not be installed on some old Apple devices

My understanding is that LITCHI is coded using the DJI Go 4 SDK.

I have flown LITCHI separately in the past with no problems.

I haven't tried LITCHI within a DJI locked area yet, i.e., as a hobbyist flying within 5 miles of Class C. Now, whether or not GO4 is required as the starter, I do not know! If so, that would mean GO4 to run up, hover a few feet, shut down Go4 and force kill, then begin LITCHI, fly mission. Does that sound right???

My understanding is that LITCHI is coded using the DJI Go 4 SDK.

I have flown LITCHI separately in the past with no problems.

I haven't tried LITCHI within a DJI locked area yet, i.e., as a hobbyist flying within 5 miles of Class C. Now, whether or not GO4 is required as the starter, I do not know! If so, that would mean GO4 to run up, hover a few feet, shut down Go4 and force kill, then begin LITCHI, fly mission. Does that sound right???

Hi

You do not need run Go4 and after that run Litchi
What is happened, when you start Litchi
It is searching fo Go4 app on your device
And if it is not there it will not run correctly

You must have Go4 to be installed
Litchi requires Go4 to be installed on your device
What is happened, when you start Litchi
It is searching fo Go4 app on your device
And if it is not there it will not run correctly
so You need go4 installed even tho your using Litchi OK so I can do that then.
No, that's not true.
They are separate and independent programs.
Litchi does not look for DJI Go at all.

Reactions: Dragonfly
No, that's not true.
They are separate and independent programs.
Litchi does not look for DJI Go at all.
Quite true they are separate and independent of each other!
They are not safe to run together. Possible conflicts may exist.

But, LITCHI does NOT have the unlock feature for NFZ's, does it?
Or have I overlooked it?

You do not need Go4 on device to run Litchi. Infact on Samsung devices you cannot have 2 or more dji apps on the device at the same time and for Litchi to run properly you must uninstall Go4 or totally disable it or Litchi won't run and vice versa. Same goes for any other app that is used for Mavics that use same SDK. It's a Samsung thing but goes to show that Go4 is not needed at when running / using litchi.

You do not need Go4 on device to run Litchi. Infact on Samsung devices you cannot have 2 more dji apps on the device at the same time and for Litchi to run properly you must uninstall Go4 or totally disable it or Litchi won't run and vice versa. Same goes for any other app that is used for Mavics that use same SDK. It's a Samsung thing but goes to show that Go4 is not needed at when running / using litchi.

I didn't know that. A good reason to dump Samsung devices.

You do not need Go4 on device to run Litchi. Infact on Samsung devices you cannot have 2 or more dji apps on the device at the same time and for Litchi to run properly you must uninstall Go4 or totally disable it or Litchi won't run and vice versa. Same goes for any other app that is used for Mavics that use same SDK. It's a Samsung thing but goes to show that Go4 is not needed at when running / using litchi.
I didn't know that. A good reason to dump Samsung devices.
That sounds most unlikely.
On any Android device you just have to watch the default app settings.
Litchi explain that in their documentation.
  • If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  • Plug the remote controller into the mobile device. For Mavic drones, you can use either the bottom or side USB ports, however make sure to use only one port at once (if 2 cables are plugged in the remote controller, Litchi won't be able to connect)
  • You will see a popup asking which app to start, select Litchi in the popup to initiate connection

Im still lost because it says
Connecting Litchi to your drone

First, ensure you are using the latest DJI firmwares on both your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one. You can update the firmware using DJI Go, or for some of the older aircraft models download them from dji.com. Then, depending on your mobile platform, follow the steps below.
So it looks to me that Litchi won't run unless dji firmware is on your device.which me I have to download go4 and I can't get it to down load. I'm gonna breakdown and get a Mini

Reactions: bronze661
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d