DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Time Lapse Waypoint Mission

Douganator

Reactions
I am trying to do a time lapse waypoint mission using Litchi and not having any luck.
I have added “take photo” to waypoint #1 and have the camera settings in Litchi set to interval of 2S.
Is there anything else I am missing here???

Yes but you'll need to trigger the interval manually and not via a waypoint action

Change your Path mode from curved turns to straight lines and your waypoint actions will get carried out.

No it is curved lines, is this the issue? Surely I can have curved lines???

You can have curved paths, but as Logger noted, you can't have curved paths set and use waypoint actions. You also must have your waypoints at least .5 meters apart. From the Litchi manual:

"Important: Waypoint actions are ignored when the mission "Path Mode" is "Curved Turns" as the aircraft will not stop at waypoints then."

You can have curved paths, but as Logger noted, you can't have curved paths set and use waypoint actions. You also must have your waypoints at least .5 meters apart. From the Litchi manual:

"Important: Waypoint actions are ignored when the mission "Path Mode" is "Curved Turns" as the aircraft will not stop at waypoints then."

Thanks for the info, this explains my issue.
So, can I have a waypoint mission using “curved turns” and just manually start time lapse recording?

Thanks for the info, this explains my issue.
So, can I have a waypoint mission using “curved turns” and just manually start time lapse recording?

Recording? You were originally speaking of taking individual photos.

Personally, I fly a mission for a hyperlapse by starting at point A and moving to point B over the course of 20 minutes or so, filming in 4K all the way (setting the speed to as low as I can). The position change allows me to change the gimbal angle and the camera position in both the X-Y axis and the Z axis. Makes for a bit more interesting final product. I then, typically in Premiere Pro, add in a bit of stabilization and time compress the final 20-minute shot into a 30 second (or less) clip. Works wonderfully.

For a digital still camera positioned on a tripod, compressing separate sequential still images into a singular time lapse clip works well. For a moving, video camera like the Mavic subject to the winds and/or environment, still image sequences aren't so critical. Video compression works equally well (much better in my opinion).

If you wish to have curved movements with a hyperlapse when using Litchi, then recording the whole waypoint mission and time compressing should work well.

Recording? You were originally speaking of taking individual photos.

Personally, I fly a mission for a hyperlapse by starting at point A and moving to point B over the course of 20 minutes or so, filming in 4K all the way (setting the speed to as low as I can). The position change allows me to change the gimbal angle and the camera position in both the X-Y axis and the Z axis. Makes for a bit more interesting final product. I then, typically in Premiere Pro, add in a bit of stabilization and time compress the final 20-minute shot into a 30 second (or less) clip. Works wonderfully.

For a digital still camera positioned on a tripod, compressing separate sequential still images into a singular time lapse clip works well. For a moving, video camera like the Mavic subject to the winds and/or environment, still image sequences aren't so critical. Video compression works equally well (much better in my opinion).

If you wish to have curved movements with a hyperlapse when using Litchi, then recording the whole waypoint mission and time compressing should work well.

Great info also! Thanks

By recording I mean flying slowly at 4km/h and taking a series of photos every 2 seconds.

Great info also! Thanks

By recording I mean flying slowly at 4km/h and taking a series of photos every 2 seconds.

I would just record video and compress it. You'll get far better results (and far less work) than having to try to time each of your shots manually.

I would just record video and compress it. You'll get far better results (and far less work) than having to try to time each of your shots manually.

You can't get the long shutter time motion blur with video that you do with photos.

I'm getting ready to order a M2P. For tower inspections it's required to take a photo every 2 seconds. Video not allowed. It that easy to do? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54