DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Timeouts & Lockups

LeafPeeper

Reactions
So I guess I'm in the minority of folks that have had no problems with Go 4, but are having problems with Litchi. Frankly, Litchi has been a PITA. I'm wondering if anyone here has any clues as to why.

I'm using a Moto G 3rd gen, Android 6/Marshmallow. As I said, Go 4 runs well, and is reliable.

I bought Litchi about a month ago, my intentions being to use it for the additional flight modes it offers - which so far has amounted to 360 panos. When shooting panos, I routinely get 'Pano has ended' randomly. It is followed by a screen error that says the pano timed out. Sometimes it's after 1 pic, sometimes after 14 pics, sometimes after 0 pics - it's completely random. That said, very often while taking the pano pics, I can see the gimbal hunting up and down for where to take the next shot. I also lose the shutter sound on some shots (if that's a clue). FWIW, my Mavic seems to work fine otherwise. No gimbal issues that I've seen other than requiring a .7 to .8 gimbal roll adjustment after cal.

The other thing I noticed today is that recording control is finicky. Sometimes it ignores me completely and either doesn't start or just keeps on recording. Today I had trouble getting Litchi to focus once the Mavic was in the air. Then getting recording started proved to be a pain. I eventually got it going after several presses and delayed responses to those presses while it toggled on and off. At the end of the flight, I couldn't get it to stop no matter what I did. Neither the on screen button or the physical button had any effect. I eventually landed the Mavic and force-stopped Litchi.

Although I have both Go and Litchi loaded on my phone at the same time, I do force stop each after using and prior to using the other, I always completely shut down the Mavic and remote.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? I'm regretting purchasing Litchi at this point even though it really seems like it should be the better flight app...

LP

Reactions: marklyn
Not yet. I figured I'd check to see if it was a setup issue before I contacted them.

LP

As much as I like Litchi (and I do), I've also had a problem with the recording, in particular stopping it. On at least two occasions, the stop video screen button on my iPad would not stop the recording not matter how many time I pressed it. It did however stop when I pressed the button on the controller. I don't recall any other controls on the screen giving me this trouble but it did concern me that I could lose control using the screen. Thankfully the controller could be used I guess.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
I have exactly the same problems as those described in your post : focus problems, erratic camera movements, timeouts, recording on/off disfunction ... I contact Litchi support for help, waiting for an answer.
One point is that once or twice, I had a perfect waypoint mission recording, indicating that the app can do the job ...
I will make you aware of the Litchi support answer.

Thanks - I contacted them yet, but I still plan to. I've been just using Go in the mean time. I did notice they pushed an update yesterday.

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78