DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoints radius? (max distance from starting point)

martinhgps

Reactions
Hi, does anybody knows if there is a limitation in litchi (max distance from starting point) flying waypoints mission?
I mean in DJI4 the limit is a radius of 500 meters maxium from the starting point regardless of the total lengh of the mission
Thank you!

The maximum range posted by DJI is 8 mi (13 km, no wind). This would theoretically be the same for Litchi. With that said, I would never fly a drone that far. Others will probably disagree here but I prefer to fly safe.

The maximum range posted by DJI is 8 mi (13 km, no wind). This would theoretically be the same for Litchi. With that said, I would never fly a drone that far. Others will probably disagree here but I prefer to fly safe.
20180528_150323.jpg

Reactions: BD0G
THank you, but I mean the distance between home and outer waypoint in DJ is 500 meteres max. I need at least 1,5km

I don't think there is any radius limit with Litchi. So long as consecutive waypoints are spaced within 2km of each other, you could fly as far away from your starting point as the battery will allow. The Litchi route around my farm is 2.5km from homepoint at the extremities. I imagine you could make a one way Litchi route ~ 30km long (downwind) and it would fly it.

Reactions: Kivan
I don't think there is any radius limit with Litchi. So long as consecutive waypoints are spaced within 2km of each other, you could fly as far away from your starting point as the battery will allow. The Litchi route around my farm is 2.5km from homepoint at the extremities. I imagine you could make a one way Litchi route ~ 30km long (downwind) and it would fly it.

Correct. Litchi doesn't have a radius limitation. This is just one reason why DJI's Go 4 waypoint missions are inane.

Reactions: ksmusa

Thank you very much. From what I see, I am not expressing my question correctly. I just want to know if a waypoint mission within Litchi can have a waypoint that is farther than 500 meters from the home point. In the case of DJI does not allow it although the mavic can fly more than 7km away. Within my flight plan, one of the waypoints is more than 1200 meters and DJI only accepts up to 500 meters. Litchi has restrictions in this regard? Please see attached. Thank you all!Captura.PNG

It was confusing with some answering one question and others answering another. But Logger and I have already answered this. No, Litchi does not have a radius limit for waypoints like DJI Go does. It has a distance limit for the first waypoint from your starting point (I forget what it has to be), but after that, any subsequent waypoint must only be less than 2 km spread apart. This distance has nothing to do with the distance from your home point, only the previous waypoint, and Litchi doesn't care how far away your next waypoint (or any of your subsequent waypoints) are from you or the home point. Why DJI insists on a 500 m maximum radius is beyond me.

It was confusing with some answering one question and others answering another. But Logger and I have already answered this. No, Litchi does not have a radius limit for waypoints like DJI Go does. It has a distance limit for the first waypoint from your starting point (I forget what it has to be), but after that, any subsequent waypoint must only be less than 2 km spread apart. This distance has nothing to do with the distance from your home point, only the previous waypoint, and Litchi doesn't care how far away your next waypoint (or any of your subsequent waypoints) are from you or the home point. Why DJI insists on a 500 m maximum radius is beyond me.
Thank you! Very clear for me! Helps me a lot!

I live in a closed neighborhood with security perimeter. The perimeter of the neighborhood is about 8km (little regular) and what I want to do is audit the perimeter lights that all work and see the guards who do the tours that are on duty. In this way I can plan the route with the drone following the perimeter, being able to see primarily if everything is in order. While this is all audited with gps, etc, I want to audit it by my own means and contrast the neighborhood's reports with what I could verify.

What an interesting use case. Set up the mission and try and fly it. It appears that you will be able to with Lichti. You may loose connection to the Mavic depending if you fly behind an object or dont have a clear signal , but do not worry as Lichti will continue to fly the preprogrammed mission.

Make sure to set your last waypoint near yourself or your home point so the Mavic can always fly back to you as a last step.

I would be interested in seeing the footage.

What an interesting use case. Set up the mission and try and fly it. It appears that you will be able to with Lichti. You may loose connection to the Mavic depending if you fly behind an object or dont have a clear signal , but do not worry as Lichti will continue to fly the preprogrammed mission.

Make sure to set your last waypoint near yourself or your home point so the Mavic can always fly back to you as a last step.

I would be interested in seeing the footage.

Thank you very much for your appreciations. Now that I know what can be done, travel through the issue and formally ask for permits in the neighborhood to do so. As soon as this is working I will give you my feedback. Thanks again!

Perhaps a test waypoint flight from a higher altitude as a test run so that the drone will not be detected at the lower altitude. My Mavic at 150 feet AGL is nearly undetectable from a sound perspective. It would be a pain to jump through all the hoops without knowing exactly what will occur when the waypoint mission is flown.

You could determine such things as :
A. Can I fly this area without signal loss
B: How much battery will be consumed
C: How much battery will be consumed during mild wind, average wind, stronger wind
D: Is there a better start and end point that I had not considered until actually flying the route
E: What are some possible areas of failure.

Plus if you setup the waypoint mission with a higher altitude and run it then all you have to do is use the same waypoints and adjust only the altitude parameter to create the final waypoint mission. This can all be done from the Lichti Online Mission hub when pre-planning the mission/flight.

Oh, if you want nice straight lines upon Longitude or Latitude there is a way to achieve that. See my post with video here Fly between coordinates?

Per a quick Google search it appears that the maximum number of waypoints in Litchi is 99. Logger said "So long as consecutive waypoints are spaced within 2km of each other, you could fly as far away from your starting point as the battery will allow." Therefore, the maximum distance from the homepoint is approximately 198km (99 waypoints X 2km = 198km) or approximately 123 miles. Of course, your battery will be consumed prior to reaching the 99th waypoint.

Per a quick Google search it appears that the maximum number of waypoints in Litchi is 99. Logger said "So long as consecutive waypoints are spaced within 2km of each other, you could fly as far away from your starting point as the battery will allow." Therefore, the maximum distance from the homepoint is approximately 198km (99 waypoints X 2km = 198km) or approximately 123 miles. Of course, your battery will be consumed prior to reaching the 99th waypoint.
You realize that this thread is dormant for over 18 months prior to your post. Just FYI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54