DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoints?

Maybe no room in the EEPROM to store both the new flight modes and the waypoint functionality. Or given Dji's hyper vigilant attitude to flying safely they may have opted not to allow the MA capability to fly BVLOS.

Or maybe they removed the feature from the Air so as not to cannibalize sales of the Pro?

Litchi is an amazing app, i use it all the time with my mavic pro and cant wait to test on my air.
Especially now that the range is so limited it will make a big difference being able to fly 15 or so mins with no connection needed.

Off subject question, can you please tell me how do you cancel a Litchi mission once it has started on the Mavic Pro ? thanks

So do we have a firm answer yet to if the MA will operate with Litchi? I, as a brand new MA owner, went ahead and purchased the Litchi app and began to get to know it. I created some cool waypoint flights, saved them, migrated them over to the app. Then leaned quickly that I was not able to use them with the MA. Should I forget it and accept that litchi will not be compatible with the MA, or should I hope that it will?

The SDK is the operating system software that the RPA uses, It is DJI propriety but it releases it to third party licencees to write their own software, like Litchi.

The description on the Android Play Store for Litchi says "Waypoints and Orbit modes are supported on all DJI drones except Spark". Of course, this was published prior to the release of the Air, but does that mean Waypoints wont ever be supported by the Spark and thus not supported by the Air? (yes, I know...two different things) With the exception of a number of advantages the Air has over the Spark, is the SDK the same?

first drone and first post. Bought MA to take on the Australian Alpine Walking Trail 660Km.
The assistant said i could usb recharge with the adaptor i got in the fly more combo.
Heard about Litchi along the way ( last month ) and bought it as well.
Come on DJI wheres my USB rechargeable drone with way points using litchi.
Oh Please I'm on my knees.

Soooooo.....

For those that are wondering SDK stands for Software Development Kit - IE instructions on how to build your own software to plug into DJI Mavic Air's features. What Litchi needs to access to make the various drones controllable by Litchi software.

Oh and if features are missing in the Air OS then there is no bits in the SDK and therefore folks like Litchi can't do anything. Can't program to something that doesn't exist. Think getting into a car with no steering wheel. No way to turn the wheels.

Last edited:
And any idea when or if Litchi will obtain the SDK? Are there any particular reasons why DJI may be delaying the release?

If I understand things correctly the SDK is out and has been since launch. But DJI did not enable waypoints at all for the Air. Ergo there is nothing anyone, DJI and Litchi included, can program too to make waypoints work. Has to be done in the Air OS first, then expose the APIs that the SDK can talk to. Using my previous analogy, DJI shipped no steering wheel to grab hold of.

Should we accept that Litchi, for the considerable future, will not function with Litchi?

728D2786-FF1D-4ACD-9B29-699DA47D990D.jpeg Mavic Air Mobile SDK support is coming mid-to-late April. Waypoint support will be included (for third party apps).

Reactions: Mr.Dair
Is there any word on when litchi is going to add the air!? I need waypoints!! Another thing we need is hand launching smart capture without a phone or controller.
COME ON DJI LET US HAVE FUN!
This next update better have results
yesterday i asked with mail and today answer comes:
Litchi replied:

Hi,

As soon as DJI adds support for Mavic Air in the DJI development kit (DJI Developer), we will then update Litchi with that new version and Litchi will support Mavic Air.
According to DJI, it will be added but we don’t know when. At this time, we also do not know if all flight modes will be supported.
Please follow us on facebook for the latest updates: Security Check Required

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98