DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoints?

Sal_recon26

Reactions
Is there any word on when litchi is going to add the air!? I need waypoints!! Another thing we need is hand launching smart capture without a phone or controller.
COME ON DJI LET US HAVE FUN!
This next update better have results

Oh wow . I wish they would have made that clear in the notes when updating. I'll give it a try today

DJI waypoints sucks. I just want litchi to hurry up and get the sdk so we can see if we got waypoints

Reactions: AK Vet
DJI waypoints sucks. I just want litchi to hurry up and get the sdk so we can see if we got waypoints

Well if waypoints have been removed from the Air's firmware then it's a pretty safe assumption that the SDK (and therefore Litchi) won't have access to waypoints on the Air.

Well if waypoints have been removed from the Air's firmware then it's a pretty safe assumption that the SDK (and therefore Litchi) won't have access to waypoints on the Air.
Exactly what I DIDNT want to hear BOOOOOOO!

This is what VC Technology told me a couple of days ago:

It's really all up to DJI. It could take months or it could take a week or two. Generally they're quite fast, so hopefully should have an update within a month.

This is what VC Technology told me a couple of days ago:

It's really all up to DJI. It could take months or it could take a week or two. Generally they're quite fast, so hopefully should have an update within a month.

I doubt if I'd even consider getting a MA if it didn't do Litchi waypoints.

I doubt if I'd even consider getting a MA if it didn't do Litchi waypoints.

Likewise.. It'll happen sooner or later, it took about 2 months after the MP was released. It's in DJI's hands, we just have to wait for them to open up the SDK for Litchi/WPs.

Litchi is an amazing app, i use it all the time with my mavic pro and cant wait to test on my air.
Especially now that the range is so limited it will make a big difference being able to fly 15 or so mins with no connection needed.

Likewise.. It'll happen sooner or later, it took about 2 months after the MP was released. It's in DJI's hands, we just have to wait for them to open up the SDK for Litchi/WPs.
Ummm - waypoints are part of the SDK - not something Litchi cobbled up.
Dji chose to implement waypoints as something you could record and replay.
Litchi decided that you could skip that fly to and record part and just fill them in by software.
You'll note that Litchi uploads the mission to the aircraft then executes it. That means the flight control and route are stored local to the craft - also how it keeps flying even if you lose control signal.
So - if the MA has no waypoints it's likely an internal support issue - like no module in the firmware that implements the flight control software and data area to host it. Maybe no room in the EEPROM to store both the new flight modes and the waypoint functionality. Or given Dji's hyper vigilant attitude to flying safely they may have opted not to allow the MA capability to fly BVLOS.

Ummm - waypoints are part of the SDK - not something Litchi cobbled up.
Dji chose to implement waypoints as something you could record and replay.
Litchi decided that you could skip that fly to and record part and just fill them in by software.
You'll note that Litchi uploads the mission to the aircraft then executes it. That means the flight control and route are stored local to the craft - also how it keeps flying even if you lose control signal.
So - if the MA has no waypoints it's likely an internal support issue - like no module in the firmware that implements the flight control software and data area to host it. Maybe no room in the EEPROM to store both the new flight modes and the waypoint functionality. Or given Dji's hyper vigilant attitude to flying safely they may have opted not to allow the MA capability to fly BVLOS.

Actually it would appear that it is purely a software problem for DJI. They originally planned it and decided to remove it to make the number of features less confusing to new flyers. They stated that they could re-enable waypoints via firmware if there was enough support for it. This was from an email from the Dev team at DJI as posted by DroneDJ.

Good info! Thanks!
But it would still have to be supported on the bird itself..

And, just so people know this is not some amazing DJI or Litchi invention, waypoint missions have been around a long time. Used to use them on my home built quad years ago using Mission Control SW. Was actually sort of surprised to see there was no support in the DJI SW other than recording in flight and even that was missing in the Mavic Air (my first commercial quad).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet