DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Wish List - feature requests, bug reports and behaviour queries.

Storyline

Reactions
I have decided to start this thread so we can keep all our Litchi desires and the problems we spot in one place.

Hopefully the app's authors will find it and respond inline or if any users know the answers then they can post .....

If anyone thinks it would be better to split these topics into separate threads please say so.
If anyone thinks pigs can't fly and there is no way we will get a response from Litchi please say so.
If anyone thinks I should edit out that previous sentence as it is too rude and will put Litchi off getting involved please say so

I will start the ball rolling

Bug Report - when you edit an existing mission in MissionHub and alter the position or altitude of a waypoint, the Gimbal Pitch angle does not update dynamically and you have to force the update by going in and out of Focus POI. This is not particularly high priority and if it is difficult to fix then a warning on screen would be better than nothing.

Behaviour Query - If I soften the Gimbal movement in DJI Go4 by altering the settings of Gimbal Pitch Expo and Gimbal Pitch Smoothness does Litchi use those changed settings ?

Reactions: parkgt
I have decided to start this thread so we can keep all our Litchi desires and the problems we spot in one place.

Hopefully the app's authors will find it and respond inline or if any users know the answers then they can post .....

If anyone thinks it would be better to split these topics into separate threads please say so.
If anyone thinks pigs can't fly and there is no way we will get a response from Litchi please say so.
If anyone thinks I should edit out that previous sentence as it is too rude and will put Litchi off getting involved please say so

Bug Report - when you edit an existing mission in MissionHub and alter the position or altitude of a waypoint, the Gimbal Pitch angle does not update dynamically and you have to force the update by going in and out of Focus POI. This is not particularly high priority and if it is difficult to fix then a warning on screen would be better than nothing.

Behaviour Query - If I soften the Gimbal movement in DJI Go4 by altering the settings of Gimbal Pitch Expo and Gimbal Pitch Smoothness does Litchi use those changed settings ?

Point 1, are you talking about the web based version, if so what browser are you using, I’ve seen different behaviours amongst different browsers

Point 2 or question 1 Litchi uses any settings written to the quad by dji go, unless Litchi has its own setting which will override it.

Point 1, are you talking about the web based version, if so what browser are you using, I’ve seen different behaviours amongst different browsers

"Bug Report - when you edit an existing mission in MissionHub and alter the position or altitude of a waypoint, the Gimbal Pitch angle does not update dynamically and you have to force the update by going in and out of Focus POI. This is not particularly high priority and if it is difficult to fix then a warning on screen would be better than nothing."

It behaves that way for me using Firefox.

Strangely enough in Firefox I sometimes can’t get the WP property box to appear yet in IE it works fine.

Point 2 or question 1 Litchi uses any settings written to the quad by dji go, unless Litchi has its own setting which will override it.
Thanks for the reply :)

I am using Chrome on Windows 7 - iirc I read somewhere that Litchi recommends Chrome but I might be wrong. Good point though as I use Edge on my Windows 10 Surface as it seems to work at an amazing speed on that device. I will make sure I use Chrome for MissionHub in the future though as I don't want any unexpected Litchi behaviours !

Point 2 - That is what I think it does but with one exception. I have my gimbal pitch speed set at a much reduced level in Go4 and also the same with the smoothness. However when Litchi first centres a POI which requires a big change in pitch angle the speed it moves it is much faster than I have it set at. It flicks position almost instantly and I have read other people complaining about this. I think the answer may be that the change in Pitch Speed only effects the speed when you use the wheel on the back of the controller.

Mavic2: Seeing this is a WISHLIST - Heres My Take-

Litchi and DJI Go4 waypoints NOT smooth (Jerky) when Panning - (Unusable)

Iv been flying with Litchi for 2xyrs- Even Making it my Control Program of choice
that was with Mavic 1
However since Mavic 2 ...

1) Im having this horrible JERKY Movement when Panning on a Mission.
The Video is NOT smooth - and appears to intermittently 'CATCHUP" with a jerk - as if the gimbal has been freed from being stuck

The video then is Unusable - especially in Mission Mode using Waypoints-
(I may add - using waypoints previously used when using Mavic 1- but now on Mavic 2)

This is Unlike when using the Mavic1.
Iv seen multiple references and videos of the same- and it appears that its a DRONE issue because DJI waypoints 2 also does this-

Is there something that can FIX this ?

2) When Zooming - Litchi should slow the sensitivity - 2x Zoom = 2x more Unstable panning

Last edited:
The ability to change frequencies on the fly with a visual reference to the amount of interference present (like in the go4 app) would sure be nice.

I use Litchi in Firefox and I do not experience the behavior you describe. If I set up a POI and a Waypoint using Gimbal Pitch = Focus POI, then move the Waypoint, I can see the gimbal pitch dynamically change as I move the waypoint around.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks