DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi

Doesn't litchi require a ton of setup or is it relatively painless?
You can start with defaults for all waypoints, or you can go in and set parameters for individual waypoints.

It can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it.

You just want to be sure the settings are correct for your situation.

I found this video (and its companion Part 2) to be extremely helpful when I was first learning how to do Litchi waypoint missions.

Reactions: Youser
I am seriously considering getting a Mavic pro. I have been flying a Phantom 3 standard for a few years and I use Litchi a lot.

Always check the altitude for you flight path and the terrain Use google earth for this.

Make sure your waypoints have a curved turned value if you don't want the bird to stop briefly at the waypoint.

The only time my bird did not return to me was when I did not anticipate a set of tall trees on a waypoint mission and it hit the treetops. Familiarity with the terrain is crucial. The height of trees may not be indicated in google earth, but it is still very useful for lay of the land.

So let me hear it from the choir: should I get a mavic pro?

Marko

Reactions: Studoo
Explain please. How did you get half off credits

Not sure where you are but in the UK there is an offer on a pay as you go sim. Top up £10 and get a bonus credit of £10 on the 02 network. Used the credit to buy the app.

If you are in the UK, let me know and I'll give you more info.

Not sure where you are but in the UK there is an offer on a pay as you go sim. Top up £10 and get a bonus credit of £10 on the 02 network. Used the credit to buy the app.

If you are in the UK, let me know and I'll give you more info.
Unfortunately I am not

I am seriously considering getting a Mavic pro. I have been flying a Phantom 3 standard for a few years and I use Litchi a lot.

Always check the altitude for you flight path and the terrain Use google earth for this.

Make sure your waypoints have a curved turned value if you don't want the bird to stop briefly at the waypoint.

The only time my bird did not return to me was when I did not anticipate a set of tall trees on a waypoint mission and it hit the treetops. Familiarity with the terrain is crucial. The height of trees may not be indicated in google earth, but it is still very useful for lay of the land.

Marko
I am going to colorado in spring and was considering getting litchi and planning the trips before I got there, but this made me a bit nervous. I guess as long as the height is set high enough trees wont be an issue

Recently moved from P3S to Mavic Pro, and loving it. Signal strength is just amazing compared to the standard, and the portability of the MP is something I’m liking very much also

You guys trying out Litchi for the first time really should take a look at this thread. Virtual Litchi Mission

Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) is free software (PC Only) which allows you to fly your Litchi Mission virtually in Google Earth before you even switch on your Mavic! It can help you iron out some of the issues with your parameters before you make expensive mistakes.

The latest version is attached here

Attachments

• Virtual Litchi Mission V1.0.5.zip
    974.1 KB · Views: 6
I flew my last 10 flights with Litchi. I enjoy flying with Litchi much more than the dji go 4 app simply because of the easiness of setting waypoints with the pen feature. Now, wherever I go I just open Litchi and set my plan then lay back and watch the Mavic fly the mission without me interfering. I have one advice to Litchi newbies like myself. Always make your last waypoint close to home point or where you will be with the RC.

Also I have a question for the experienced Litchi pilots: Is there any way to get flight records or hours from Litchi?
Do you know about seeing the Litchi Mission on Google Earth Pro before flying? It's easy

Reactions: Gray_seagull
You guys trying out Litchi for the first time really should take a look at this thread. Virtual Litchi Mission

Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) is free software (PC Only) which allows you to fly your Litchi Mission virtually in Google Earth before you even switch on your Mavic! It can help you iron out some of the issues with your parameters before you make expensive mistakes.

The latest version is attached here
Any chance you can give me a test flight or something so I can see it in action. I don't own litchi yet, but I am considering spending the money now that you said that.

You can practice using Litchi and VLM easily - doesn't cost anything. You don't need to own Litchi or even a drone!

1) Make sure you have Google Earth Pro installed on your PC
2) Download VLM from the link in my previous post and get it running. Full help info available in the app.
3) In your browser, go to the Litchi Mission Hub and create a free account Mission Hub - Litchi
4) Create a mission
5) Export your mission from the Mission Hub - VLM will pick it up and pass it on to Google Earth

Easy!

If you want to fly the mission with your drone then you will need to buy Litchi but you can practice as much as you want for free.

Good Luck

N

You can practice using Litchi and VLM easily - doesn't cost anything. You don't need to own Litchi or even a drone!

2) Download VLM from the link in my previous post and get it running. Full help info available in the app.
3) In your browser, go to the Litchi Mission Hub and create a free account Mission Hub - Litchi
4) Create a mission
5) Export your mission from the Mission Hub - VLM will pick it up and pass it on to Google Earth

Easy!

If you want to fly the mission with your drone then you will need to buy Litchi but you can practice as much as you want for free.

Good Luck

N
Thank you namirda for the valuable information in your post
Virtual Litchi Mission
very interesting, I hope I can install it and get it to work before I travel on my vacation tomorrow

4) Create a mission

Easy!

Good Luck

N
hello,
I did all that and it takes me to the mission location in Google Earth then just stays idle and do nothing
VLM v1.0.5
Google Earth pro (re-installed)

wow that program is great! I just have a question while i press play is there a way i can pan and look around when it is on the mission? So far i can only see leval view which makes it hard to see it i am going near anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23